Do I have a say in my husbands ex wife's decision making?

Looks like she deleted the question because she didn't like people telling her she should pick up the slack. I hate when people delete what I've taken the time to write. So, I'm reposting the question. Those of you who wish to have your voices heard on this subject, go for it. I won't delete your answers.

Dr.Donna

Asked by Dr.Donna at 10:16 AM on Jun. 23, 2011 in Relationships

• Disgusting excuse of a step mom. Her husband first responsibility is to his children and she should understand that as a mother.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 11:12 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• I think she was pretty selfish. She was almost as bad as the Bio mom. When you marry someone with kids you better know those kids come first. And people wonder why we cringe when we hear the word stepmom. Because as wonderful as most are, its the bad ones that stick out in our minds.
    sugamama3

Answer by sugamama3 at 10:27 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• ??? Mystery question here.

If it doesn't impact you or your family, you don't. If it does, you get input.

Answer by gdiamante at 10:17 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• I don't know the back story, but to answer the question in the subject line...You should have no more say in her decision making as she does yours...and, at least with me, that would be NONE
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 10:17 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• it's sad because from what i gathered, this is not some moron 20 something, this is an older woman who should have the maturity to look past her selfish feelings and want to better the life of upcoming generations. look at statistics; what will these boys likely grow into?
    MsSelfDestruct

Answer by MsSelfDestruct at 10:30 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• ONLY where HER kids are concerned, otherwise, she needs to stay out of it. She can make sure the kids are ok at HER house but what goes on at the biomoms is not her place to comment. IF there is abuse going on, then she can call CPS and report it but a 15 year old can chose NOT to say anything to the caseworker.

I do agree that, if you are going to be in a relationship with someone with kids, you need to learn how to learn what will be accetable for you parenting them. If you don't like the kids or situation then you sure shouldnt be marrying into it.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:35 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• When you enter a relationship with someone who has kids with an ex, the kids always have to come first. It's tough sometimes having to be the adult one in every situation. Sometimes I wish I could act like the toddler.............I know there are many times I wish I could! But, oh well such is life huh?
    kdwiegandt

Answer by kdwiegandt at 10:39 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Sounds like I missed a good one. Grr
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 12:40 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• not unless its affecting your children.......thier life is their business unless its affecting you kids.....
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 10:19 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• and i bet she voted "up" on answers 2 and 3...
    MsSelfDestruct

Answer by MsSelfDestruct at 10:22 AM on Jun. 23, 2011