Im so confused..

Okay things has been going good i still have no yet gone to the doctor and im finding out that i may be because my belly is getting round and bigger and it is showing.. but i have a question if i go to the doctor do they need my info or insurance idk im new to this?? can someone help... please..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:21 AM on Jun. 23, 2011 in Pregnancy

• if your showing already than ur prabably 3 mnths alread u need to get to a dr asap if you dont have insurance go to the health dept,
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:22 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• If you have insurance yes they need all that, I am not sure what to do if you don't have insurance.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 10:26 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Yes they will need your insurance, if you do not have any you can go to a community clinic and they will see you without insurance and help you apply for medicaid in your state. If you get to 28wk pregnant and have no exisiting prenatal care.. most docs will not take you on as a pt and you will end up delivering unreffered in an ER. YOu need to get into some sort of prenatal care for your baby. There are clinics that do private pay but the care of docs and hospital charges are high.. i would apply for medicaid if I were you.
    MommaB30

Answer by MommaB30 at 10:26 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Its best you go to the doctor now so he/she can determine your length of pregnancy. Once you reach a certain length of pregnancy babies growing differently so sometimes the predictions can be 3 weeks off. I used medicaid with my baby and I had a good doctor. Sometimes they aren't very prompt so if you are already pregnant, camp out there until someone sees you. Make sure you are taking some prenatal vitamins if you aren't already. Keep your stress level down and make sure you are eating right. Stay away from people who smoke. I am sure you know those things, but I want to say them just in case. I know it can be frightening. Keep your head up and make good decisions and you will have a healthy happy baby after a healthy pregnancy :)

Good luck, girlie!!!
    Gingerwheel

Answer by Gingerwheel at 10:29 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Oh, the best way to get health insurance through medicaid is to simply locate your local medicaid office. You can google it! Go up there early because later in the day usually sucks hard! Bring a friend if that makes you feel better. I did!

Stay there until you are seen!!!

They need your SS card, birth certificate, driver's license, proof of income, proof of pregnancy

The proof of pregnancy you can get from a planned parenthood for i think $20

Your proof of income needs to be roughly less than $1500 a month if you are single, $2500 if you are married. Some women who make more can still get medicaid, but I wouldn't risk it if you can. You can somehow get your boss to manually write out what you make so you stay within the guidelines. I made more than $1500 when I was pregnant, but I was bartending and knew my income would drastically decrease so I ask my manager to help me.
    Gingerwheel

Answer by Gingerwheel at 10:39 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Yes, anytime you go to see a doctor about a pregnancy, they will need a little info to find out how they can help you the best.
    Also, if you have no insurance, there are free clinics/health dept that provide free prenatal care. Theres also Planned Parent. It an orginization that will help you with everything from finding out if you are pregnant, if you are they will help you get the medical coverage that is right for you, & set up Dr. appt. for your prenatal care.
    Destiny839

Answer by Destiny839 at 11:16 AM on Jun. 23, 2011