burns

i had to tak my daughter to the hospital becaus she fell on the lamp and burnt her under arm now they want to get dfacs invovled i have nothing to worry about because she well taken care of up to date on shots and goes to all her doctors appts but im still stressing about this shes never gotten hurt before and this is the first time shes ever had a mark on her any one else have to go through this with thier child where dfacs got invovled pls give me some advice and reasurrance

babygirl41786

Asked by babygirl41786 at 4:24 PM on Dec. 13, 2008 in Kids' Health

• im sry to hear that.. but if your lil girl is well taking care of u have noyjing to worry about..
    also my son got burn with the iron not too long ago.. i told my mom i was going to take him 2 see his doc and she told me that the dfacs where most likely gonna get on my case.. im the best mom i could... i dont hurt my son and i dont do nothing crazy to have thoses ppl cheack on me.. it was just a mistake.. so i never took him the burn is healed so im not that worryed but pretty soon im going to start putting him in a daycare and now i think they probley will get called but i dont care there nothing they could do im a every good mom.. f*** the dfacs..
    yamil519

Answer by yamil519 at 4:32 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• It's just standard procedure ma'am. All injuries have to be reported and checked out. I love that fact and would welcome it with open arms. It's a great thing if you think about it.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 4:37 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• They do that with all children under a certain age.
    When I was 4 I fell down the stairs and broke my collar bone, and they did the same. Everything turned out fine, like pupmom said, just welcome them with open arms, if there's nothing to hide, it will be fine.
    oliviasmomma09

Answer by oliviasmomma09 at 4:38 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• Don't worry about them being involved, you have nothing to worry about. They just always check in on these things just in case. They want to make sure your daughter is safe and it's hard for them to know what are accidents and which ones aren't so they just check everyone under a certain age even if the story makes 100% perfect sense... they don't want to send a child home to an unsafe home because they believed a really good lie. SO don't fret... if you have nothing to hide, they will have nothing to say!
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 12:57 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• not to scare you.. but it will depend a lot on who dcfs sends to investigate. Mostly.. you shouldn't have anything to worry about. HOWEVER.. I am in the middle of a DCFS investigation as we speak. My kids have NOT left my home.. but dcfs has guardianship of the kids. And the F-ing Case worker was all excited to tell me that he got extra "points" for that.. because it was considered a removal and a return. So it made his job look good.. they "take" the kids.. and make me a better mommy.. and return them home. While I believe that DCFS is great where needed.. if sucks in areas like this. I'm glad they are there to protect kids that can't protect themselves.. but my kids were in NO way harmed, abused, or in ANY danger of being abused.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:49 AM on Dec. 15, 2008