Low grade fever (99.8) and i just had a laparoscopic cholecystectomy yesterday?

I had my gall bladder removed laparoscopically yesterday at 2pm....

Today I'm feeling very sore but there's no unusual drainage...sore throat but they said that could be caused by the breathing tube or anaethesia during the surgery and I'm obviously feeling very tired.

My discharge instructions say fever of over 101 is bad so i'm assuming a low grade fever is okay?

davila26

Asked by davila26 at 10:37 AM on Jun. 23, 2011 in Health

• I would say its okay. If you start feeling worse and your fever goes up, I would call the doctor.
    austinsmama1106

Answer by austinsmama1106 at 10:40 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• I think that is normal for after having surgery. The sore throat is from the breathing tube. Keep hydrated
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:41 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Keep an eye on it. it could just be the body reacting to recovering, but it could be a sign of an impending infection. Keep checking it every few hours, and watch the site for signs of infection- heat, redness, pain, swelling. There will obviously be a certain amount of this, but if it seems like more than there should be, it's worth getting checked out when combined with a fever. I hope everything goes smoothly with your recovery! Be sure to stick with the lowfat diet, or you'll run into some bowel trouble now. Good luck!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 10:41 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Thanks ladies! That's pretty much what I was thinking too.

So far no other signs of infection. I have small bandages and i see no redness and only one incision had any drainage and that ended after a few minutes yesterday, seems like i'm doing well.
    davila26

Comment by davila26 (original poster) at 10:45 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Most Dr's don't even consider a low grade fever until it reaches 100.4. Stay hydrated, rest and keep an eye on it.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 11:01 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• just take it easy and rest till your better. Push the fluids or even things like icee or popslices. If she redness or swelling or even if the area feels hot call your doctor right away. I have had a ton of surgurys and those are the things I was told to look for. As for fever that is normal as well. Be sure to keep the area clean if they metioned to do that. Some will and some doctors just want you to come in and do it there. Get well soon.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 11:15 AM on Jun. 23, 2011