Seriously people....grrrrrr.

When you call the bank, we are gonna want to know your account number....we are NOT psychic. We also want to verify who you are to protect YOUR account. We're NOT out to get you or make your life difficult. PROMISE.
Vent over.

CollinsMommy729

Asked by CollinsMommy729 at 10:51 AM on Jun. 23, 2011 in Money & Work

• LOL.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 10:58 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• I never have my account number when I call my bank...just give them my SS# and maybe a little more info if they ask, but I've never had a problem accessing my information without my account number. Do you provide the same courtesy to your customers?
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 10:53 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Hm, my bank only inquires of the last 4 of my social when I call ...
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 2:19 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Yes, we will look up your account number by social, but why not have it ready when we ask for it EVERY SINGLE TIME? I just don't understand... You don't have to memorize it....just keep your checkbook around or write it on a piece of paper.
    LizzeeT...now that would be EXTREMELY annoying for the customer. We don't have that type of system here. You always get a real life person right off the bat. :)
    CollinsMommy729

Comment by CollinsMommy729 (original poster) at 11:00 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• We ask for your account number and then for you to verify the last 4 of the social. I just don't understand why people get annoyed with us when we askf or their account number and social. it's for their protection.
    CollinsMommy729

Comment by CollinsMommy729 (original poster) at 2:46 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Wooooooooooooooooooooow. Like you've NEVER complained about anything that was annoying you. Geez, some people. I'm NEVER rude to the customer or let them know I find it annoying. I'm just venting about something I find annoying.
    CollinsMommy729

Comment by CollinsMommy729 (original poster) at 4:22 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Yawn.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:11 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• I don't know my account number, and I haven't seen my checkbook for several months. Why complain about doing your job?

Answer by rkoloms at 4:19 PM on Jun. 23, 2011