Women who work 3rd shift with children who are not in school....

I may be getting a job 3rd shift, 7pm to 7am (12 hour shifts), two days a week. What do you do for babysitting when you have to leave for work, and how do you get some sleep the next day???? I'm just trying to figure out how I would go about asking friends to babysit and when I would see my kids and still get some sleep after my shift!
DH is in school and works so he's not around a lot, and he works 2nd shift, so some nights he gets home around 12am. I'm wondering, should I have my kids sleep at someone's house or ? I'm a little lost. I have in laws but they work and wouldn't be willing to help out.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:58 AM on Jun. 23, 2011 in Money & Work

• You would only need someone from 7 pm -12am, right? Just advertise at your local college or university, shouldn't be too hard to get a sitter for those hours.
    As a single mom I was considering a 3rd shift job and would have needed someone from 6pm - 7:30am - a college student was going to come sleep at my house. For daytime so you can get some sleep, is there not a church close by that has a mother's morning out program? Since you're only working two days/week, I would think you could get by on 3-4 hours/sleep those 2 days. You do what you have to do.

Answer by missanc at 4:34 PM on Jun. 23, 2011