Did Toy Story 3 scare the crap out of anyone else's kids?

During the scene where all the toddlers rush in screaming and beat up the toys, my son (who is a toddler) cried. Thinking it was a coincidence, we watched the movie again and he cried again. We don't watch the movie anymore because it made him so upset. Even besides just that one scene, it seems to me that the overall tone of the movie is sad and scary especially for younger kids. Don't get me wrong, I love Toy Story 1 & 2 but 3 is too scary for my kid to watch. Anyone else have this happen?

lisalmeyer86

Asked by lisalmeyer86 at 10:59 AM on Jun. 23, 2011 in Entertainment

• my 2 yr old and 3 yr old loved it..
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 11:00 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Well my son is 7 and he was ok with it. He said some parts were sad but liked that it had a happy ending. So I think it just depends on his age. But yes, since it upsets him I wouldn't let him watch it again until he was older.
    choco_mom

Answer by choco_mom at 11:00 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• my barely turned 3 yr old loved it. she will watch it all day if i let her
    shar-hulk

Answer by shar-hulk at 11:01 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• My daughter is 6. She liked it except for the part towards the end where they almost get incinerated. She's a very sensitive child and she can't stand to see anything that has to do with death or pain. but other than that, she thought it was funny.
    katie201005

Answer by katie201005 at 11:03 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• It's more about the child than the movie. My 8 yr old has never been remotely upset by any movie. My 7 yr old gets scared very easily during movies. TS 3 has some parts that scare him a lot. He knows when they are coming and closes his eyes and puts his hands over his ears. It's more about individuality.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 11:04 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• I know Simplicity, that monkey creeps me out.

choco_mom: That's a good point, just because he hates it now doesn't mean we can't try again when he's older. He didn't have a problem with 1 &2... not even the parts with Sid and the creepy toys.
    lisalmeyer86

Comment by lisalmeyer86 (original poster) at 11:05 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• I took my neice and nephews aged 2, 5 and 7 at the theater when it came out. They absolutely loved it. It was practically a houseful and i dont remember anyone else crying... Infact thet were more sad and all chocked uo while watching kung fu panda 2. The part where the baby panda loses his family.
    cookie269

Answer by cookie269 at 11:06 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• no my 2yr old loved it. she was laughing at that part actually. its a little scarier then the others but she was fine. sorry about your son. maybe when he is a little older.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 11:06 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• GrnEyedGrandma: I see what you mean. It just took me by surprise that he was so upset by it, he has never cried over any movie before and I've let him watch some pretty crazy stuff.
    lisalmeyer86

Comment by lisalmeyer86 (original poster) at 11:09 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• It's kind of ironic that a 2 year old would be freaked out by a pack of screaming cg toddlers now that I think about it. Weird.
    lisalmeyer86

Comment by lisalmeyer86 (original poster) at 11:11 AM on Jun. 23, 2011