Therapy

How much is therapy? I do not have insurance.. but I seriously need a therapist to speak to.. more than once a week. I do not have anyone to talk to.. 1. because I do not trust anyone.. 2 because I am embarrassed to talk to most people and 3 because I am embarrassed to have these issues.. but i need help.. i am depressed and want to cry all day every day.. and i need to be better for myself.. my marriage.. and my children mostly

Ross2010

Asked by Ross2010 at 11:05 AM on Jun. 23, 2011 in Relationships

• Most churches have trained counselors on staff, and the ones around here don't charge a dime.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 11:10 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• I'm sorry to say but unless you don't have much income and can go to a place on a sliding scale basis, then it's about $70 per session. Another alternative is to talk to your pastor or one in your area. There is also a group called Celebrate Recovery. It isn't just for addicts, it is for anyone hurting in any way. It is faith based, but if you are not faithful, that isn't a problem at all. That's usually only once a week unless you live in a bigger area and can find more than one group. That doesn't cost anything. It's not individual one on one, but it helps to let out what is eating you inside and know there are others that are feeling the same as you are.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 11:12 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Ours was 125 a session = 1 hr. Here's a link that show ways to get affordable help http://health.usnews.com/health-news/blogs/on-health-and-money/2009/04/15/6-ways-to-get-affordable-mental-health-services
    Good luck
    BitsMom00

Answer by BitsMom00 at 11:14 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Church counselors should be your LAST resort. There are many, many, many REAL therapists who volunteer at community centers on a sliding scale, who will offer their services at little to no cost to you. PLEASE look at the options available before you turn to a church. You will not get actual therapy, you will be told what you are doing wrong, and how ti fix it with the bible- NOT actually work through your problems and get to the heart of the matter.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 11:21 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• If you have state healthcare (medical in california) then some therapists will take that.
    NightOwlMama

Answer by NightOwlMama at 2:08 PM on Jun. 23, 2011