Coffee while pregnant?

I am 12 weeks pregnant. I havent drank any coffee yet but I really feel like I need a cup. I have a lot of house work I need to do and a cup of coffee would really help me get started. Is one cup of coffee okay in the first trimester? Sorry, I know this is probably a stupid question.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:15 AM on Jun. 23, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I am 9 weeks and was wondering the same question. I have been told one cup is fine.
    shar-hulk

Answer by shar-hulk at 11:16 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• My OB (and in 5 kids I had 3 diff ones) all said it was fine as long as you dont overdo it you can have caffeine. The newest studied do not link adhd or any of that to caffeine. Caffeine in itself isnt good for anyone though so like anyone else limit yourself. Having a cup wont hurt.

Answer by gemgem at 11:25 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• My down fall is pepsi probably just as bad. but a cup now and then is not bad. One cup in 12 weeks I'd have to say is pretty darn good.
    Mommy_Aiken

Answer by Mommy_Aiken at 11:32 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• yup atleast one cup of caff. coffee.......... u can do non caff. coffee as well!!!
    msmamakatie

Answer by msmamakatie at 1:28 PM on Jun. 23, 2011