Do you think Catelynn & Tyler (from 16 & preg) should have gotten to be on Teen Mom even though they gave their baby up for adoption?

SuperrMommyy

Asked by SuperrMommyy at 11:16 AM on Jun. 23, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• I think it was very wise for them to be on there. That is one of the struggles teen parents who cannot provide for a child have to go through. I think they showed a whole other side to what happens when you get pregnant before you're ready. The decision they had to make is a hard decision and young girls/boys need to know the consequences and struggles of sex and pregnancy at a young age.....not just raising a child but also the challenges of adoption and abortion. Some people think it's so easy but I think a decision like that, whether right or wrong, stays with you the rest of a person's life. Even though they made the best choice for their daughter, they still struggle with the decision they made.
    cmgIII

Answer by cmgIII at 11:35 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• It is from an older season, but I do think they should have been on there. That show is supposedly suppose to show the struggles that teen parents/moms have to go through. It's only fair to show what struggles you might have to deal with if you did choose adoption...
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 11:28 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• It doesn't matter how long they have been on there.. I was asking for OPINIONS of whether they should be or not. Thank you for your rudeness though.
    SuperrMommyy

Comment by SuperrMommyy (original poster) at 11:27 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Quoting Tyler " Tyler don't read" when talking about his English homework. I think they did the right thing by that baby. I don't know how she did it (I don't think I am strong enough to handle that kind of self inflicted loss) but I think it was the greatest gift of love she could have given her child. I think she needs to get on some serious birth control and get on with her life and her education.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:30 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Of Course, i do.. to be able to make the most Unselfish decision at 16 & without little support i think they taught a very valuable lesson to alot of people..

daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 11:39 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• ummm, that's season one of teen mom. they're up to season 3 now...old news, old subject
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 11:17 AM on Jun. 23, 2011