How can I be pregnant after my husband had a vasectomy 6 years ago?

We have been together 5 years on and off. All the women he has been with during this time and I am the one who got pregnant. His mom and he are accusing me of cheating.

stephengrl

Asked by stephengrl at 11:17 AM on Jun. 23, 2011 in Relationships

• It is absolutely possible that he impregnated you. Vasectomies and Tubes getting tied are procedures that are NOT guaranteed to take, and only last 99% for up to 5 years. tell him to look up the facts :)
    marknsarahsmom

Answer by marknsarahsmom at 11:19 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• I will just ask, is there a possibility it might be someone else's? I know it is very rare for sperm to get through.

booger14

Answer by booger14 at 11:21 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• All you can do is get a DNA test when the baby is born. Of course its hard to believe considering what you have mentioned. Things like this happen more often than we know.
    suzzanna

Answer by suzzanna at 11:21 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• If you didnt cheat dont worry about it. DNA doesnt lie. Tell him you will give him a test. its rare but it can happen. Dont worry about him just worry about you and that baby. and if you know hes been with other women use a condom. He thinks he cant have kids so he doesnt use a condom with them either!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:23 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Get him checked again!!! it can happen if they just cut and don't burn off the ends. After years they can attach again, it is rare but it has happen.
    This is why my dh had them cut short and burn the ends and than tuck them away from each other.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:23 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• It happens more often than you think. Did he go back for the verification testing?
    Maybe all the other girls he screwed were on bc.
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 11:24 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• wow...i would be totally shocked..stick to your guns if you know its truely his
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 11:24 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Vasectomies DO NOT only last 5 years.
    Sometimes the tubes regrow and some sperm get out. Shit happens!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 11:24 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Yep possible. My uncle had one after 4 kids and his wife got pregnant 8-9 yrs later. He accused her of cheating lol then went to his dr and found out he was in fact fertile.

Answer by gemgem at 11:27 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Sounds like he missed a follow up appointment to make sure his vasectomy worked. Have you had sex with someone else during this time frame? Those would be the only two ways you became pregnant. If you know you haven't cheated then get a paternity test when the baby is born to prove to him and his mom your not lying. Might be time to find someone better than him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:30 AM on Jun. 23, 2011