What is it about men???

What is it about men that makes them think that its only the womans responciblity to get up and take care of the kids? How come they think they should get a break from work and responcibility but we shouldn't?

nikkis23

Asked by nikkis23 at 11:30 AM on Jun. 23, 2011 in Relationships

• It's genetic. I call it the Y Chromosome Defect.

You counter it by not letting them get away with it.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:32 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Thankfully my DF helps with the kids.
    booger14

Answer by booger14 at 11:32 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• If I were to not let him get away with it my kids wouldn't be taken care of by anyone (he is a lot more stubborn then me, I can't deal with it and he doesn't seem to care enough) and when I get mad then I am being "disrespectful" explain how leaving all the work to me and waking me up when I am sick to get a screaming child while you sit on facebook after a full nights rest ISN'T disrespectful to me.... why should I respect him if he doesn't respect me?
    nikkis23

Comment by nikkis23 (original poster) at 11:35 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Congrats on finding a good man booger14 your one of the lucky ones.... don't let him get away!
    nikkis23

Comment by nikkis23 (original poster) at 11:36 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• LOL. I've always said that when a babies are born and get their vaccines, they give the males an extra "asshole" shot!!! But, of course, DH counters that with, "Thats to balance out the "bitch" shot they give to the females". LOL
    I think, at least in my case, DH is gone all day.....the house is clean when he leaves for work, and clean when he comes home. He doesn't see the work in the middle.
    Same with the kids....they're clean and fed before he leaves. And clean and fed when he comes home. So, he doesn't see the work in between.
    We must just sit around all day not doing anything and the house NEVER gets toys spralled out, the kids OBVIOUSLY feed themselves and then clean their own messes.
    Geez....how dare we expect help...he's been "working" all day.
    LOL...I love my hubby!
    mlmkjw

Answer by mlmkjw at 11:36 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Sad thing is my DH just started work a little over a month ago again he was out of a job for 6 months and did nothing during that time, so he does see the in between.... on top of it I am in college and taking care of 3 kids.... but apperantly I am not intitled to a sick day or even sleep...
    nikkis23

Comment by nikkis23 (original poster) at 11:41 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• i liked the one joke where the guy came home from work and the house was trashed and he asked his wife what happened as she lay in bed watching tv.. she says to him, "you know when you come home and ask what I do all day? well today I didn't do it.."

xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:42 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Not all men think like that..but most do.. THATS WHY IM SINGLE! lol
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 11:49 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Cause there men n need to wake up n smell the coffee
    Helen2004

Answer by Helen2004 at 12:01 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• With all kinds of modern technology, changing attitudes, open-mindedness, men still believe that women are not equals. We're supposed to be the nurturers, meal cooks, housekeepers, etc. They feel that their masculinity is compromised if they share in the duties of marriage and raising children. Men are nothing but older "children." They want to be grown-ups with respect to earning money, holding a job, making decisions, but, in reality, they want to be taken care of just like the kids. You've heard the old saying, "Behind every man is a good woman." Men may think is a man's world, but we, women, know the truth- we just let them feel that way. You need to tell him if he wants your respect, he needs to earn it. You also need to be more assertive in assigning him duties. I know it's hard, but remember you're a woman and you're worth it! Are you familiar with Beyonce's song, "Who Rule the World? Girls! Good luck!
    rosiemendo

Answer by rosiemendo at 12:41 PM on Jun. 23, 2011