I wanna know how this is possible?

How if my doctor puts me on restrictions on heavy lifting and driving equipment that throws me around.( causing me to bleed). Then my works puts me off work saying that with the restrictions I cant work. Then I file a short term disability claim and they denie me. I thought if you were pregnant and couldn't perform a job dutie they have to treat you like a disabled person. How is it possible to denie me.

apeyhen

Asked by apeyhen at 11:37 AM on Jun. 23, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Eh..I don't think they consider that disabled.. you could find a less harmful job.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 11:39 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• I'm pretty sure that a high risk pregnancy isn't considered short term disabled.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:40 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• hmmm!!! you have to talk to the Human resources , and ask for more info regarding this , dnt let it GO... preganant woman have less workin time, and they could find arrengment for that during that ''red flag alarm'' ... they should ...cause you have it from doc . gd luck
    caramelH

Answer by caramelH at 11:43 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• You're not disabled. Tons of pregnant woman work their entire pregnancy.
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 11:43 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• It seems like you would be able to because it is short term disability
    suzzanna

Answer by suzzanna at 11:43 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• You need to call and talk to the insurance company. Very often that should be considered for STD. But maybe they didn't get the right info from your doctor, maybe there is a waiting period (so you don't sign up only when you find out you are pregnant).
    No one here could answer, you need to call and ask.
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 11:44 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• You may need to get paper work from doctor
    suzzanna

Answer by suzzanna at 11:44 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• The fault could be with your place of emplyment. They may be required to find work for you that you are capable of doing if the company is big enough. Therefor short term disablity isn't going to pay if you have been illegally furloughed. If I were you I would call a lawyer.
    LoveMyDog

Answer by LoveMyDog at 11:59 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Here, you are guaranteed a job with equal pay AFTER your pregnancy. There is no disability benefits for pregnancy in most states. All I can tell you is that perhaps a retail job with less strenuous activity would be a better choice.... but is sure would hurt to ask HR if there is a job you can transfer to until after the baby is born. You can not be descriminated against for procreating.
    hollydaze1974

Answer by hollydaze1974 at 12:26 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Call HR !! they are who can help...then if they cant.....call a lawyer.
    msmamakatie

Answer by msmamakatie at 1:21 PM on Jun. 23, 2011