My3 year old has been complaining that her legs hurt.

She has been saying this for maybe 2 weeks now. Not all the time just every once in a while, but she has no other symptoms. Is that more than likely a growth spurt?

mommy5409

Asked by mommy5409 at 11:43 AM on Jun. 23, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• It's possible she is having growing pains. Try rubbing her leg where she says she hurts. Do you know if you or dh had growing pains when you guys were younger?
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 11:44 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• sounds like growing pains to me.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 11:45 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• It could be growing pains yes....try some massage on her muscles before bed or after bathtime, etc. I massage my kids' legs periodically because I figure they're out running nonstop pretty much all day, their muscles get a work out...so rubbing helps.
    Pollymom

Answer by Pollymom at 11:46 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• not sure about dh, but I know with me I remember my legs hurting soooooo badly. Not sure if I ever told my mom or not and it was more when I was maybe 9 I don't remember before that lol. But I remember my legs hurting a lot and I didn't k now until a couple years ago that kids have growing pains. I know my 6 year old use to complain her legs were hurting when she was about 3 or 4
    mommy5409

Comment by mommy5409 (original poster) at 11:47 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• My son gets these, I think they are growing pains since I had them so bad as a child and even while pregnant and even my mom had them super bad.. I put hot pads/wraps on his legs at nights since that is when he is affected by it the most and Tylenol.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:58 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• the thing is I don't hear her complain about it at night it is during the day
    mommy5409

Comment by mommy5409 (original poster) at 12:05 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Well don't take the night thing as a "normal" thing, we are being seen at a sleep clinic tomorrow lol~~. IHe would also complain during the day, just he is SO active it was less often, he would complain about his elbows too :(
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:12 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• I would talk to my doctor, it could be a number of things including lack of pottasium.
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 12:16 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• I would say that there may be a great possiblity that it is just growing pains, but I would also reccomend having the ped. check it out just to make sure it's nothing more. When my mother was 3 she would complain with her legs and feet hurting and my grandmother would rub them, tried motrin, and several other remidies and nothing worked she took her to the doctor and found out she had legg perthes disease. It's actually a disease that affects the hips but, she was having reffered pain. She had to wear leg braces for a while and eventually had to have one of her hips replaced she also has several other bone issues now later in her life. My son is now 4 and having the same symptoms and is being checked out. It's better to be safe than sorry. sometimes we as parents think we can fix everything or try to think positive that sometimes we over look things that maybe important. I hope all works out for you and your daughter. HUGS
    SunShine_31

Answer by SunShine_31 at 12:43 AM on Jun. 24, 2011