My teen calls me a bitch all the time!!!!

my teen daughter (14) told me yesterday that her and her dad call me a "bitch" all the time behind my back !!!! I know I am strict and fight with her all the time, but now I have lost all respect for her and my husband. She is a typical teen girl, with all the drama. But PLease!!!! Do I really need to be called a "bitch" ????

mommyx3me

Asked by mommyx3me at 12:11 PM on Jun. 23, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• Thats not right. Why would her father allow her to disrespect you like that....even behind your back. Thats insane!!
    mlmkjw

Answer by mlmkjw at 12:12 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• surprised Someone needs an ass whoopin'! 

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 12:12 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Maybe, it is time to show them what a " Real B$tch " you can be.. especially, when they need you to do something for them!

daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 12:16 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• I agree with superrmommy but I would include taking away her bedroom door.... take away her clothes... let her have three full outfits, one to wear, one to wash and one to spare... no makeup......etc

As far as your husband, that is total disrespect. No matter what he thinks or feels he has no right to disrespect you, especially to your kid.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 12:16 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• If she lives with you.. take things away from her.......cell phone, tv, friends, etc. You are are the mom here.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 12:13 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• That is not acceptable and ill let her know that. I also would have a word or two with the Hubby who is allowing her to speak of you in that manner. You need to nip this in the bud before things get out if control!
    suzzanna

Answer by suzzanna at 12:14 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• What is wrong with the father!!! That is uncalled for! Is there a way u can talk to him? U r the mom,she is only 14! Forbid her from seeing him! He is a bad influence! No respect at all!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 12:16 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• First I think you need to talk to hubby and find out why he calls you one and why he is ok with her calliong you one as well. I would look at what it is that you are so strict about...teens need space, and to be able to do some things on their own and it's kinda hard from what you said to know, but maybe how you rae deserves a look as well. Then I would go from there...
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 12:17 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• I agree with all above answers. You need to take things away and have her earn them back. And being disrespectful isn't how you do that. Then a long, long talk with hubby. I am so sorry you are going through this. Good luck.
    SweetPea726

Answer by SweetPea726 at 12:17 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Don't disrespect her privacy. Did you honestly NEVER call your mother names as a teen? Talk to your husband. I'd be more worried about that. As for your daughter, cry. she'll feel bad and guilt will eat at her. If you act like a bitch it'll only re-enforce it in her mind.
    kit_manson

Answer by kit_manson at 1:00 PM on Jun. 23, 2011