PPD after 5 and a half months..???

If you suffered PPD.. how long did you have symptoms for??
I am being treated for it.. have been since my DD was born In January.. and now the symptoms are coming back :( I got some numbers for some therapists in my area ..

Emmajosmommy

Asked by Emmajosmommy at 12:12 PM on Jun. 23, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If you do these things it will go away faster:

1. Change your diet to only fruits, veges, lean meats and whole grains. Processed foods use up more energy in your body to digest.
    2. Take vitamins, you need Omega 3s, B-12, B-6 and Folic Acid
    3. Exercise 4-5 times a week 30 minutes at a time and it will create serotonin, dopamine and endorphins. Serotonin is what they put in anti-depressants to affect your mood, dopamin will attract happiness and endorphins act as a natural pain killer.
    4. Talk to a counselor or a good friend who understands what you are going through.

I cured mine naturally. Though I know every case is different.
    Gingerwheel

Answer by Gingerwheel at 12:25 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Yeah, it might just be regular depression. Def go talk to someone. GL.
    CollinsMommy729

Answer by CollinsMommy729 at 12:15 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• I had it for only a few weeks, but something that helped me was to get out as much as possible...I mean walking, biking, swimming anything. Also I spent time with alot of new mommies too. Gingerwheel has some great ideas! Good luck to you! :)
    Sarahbeth7

Answer by Sarahbeth7 at 5:07 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• After awhile its deemed just depression

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 12:13 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• you know, I am not sure my feelings ever fully went away.. they still, 3-1/2 years later come and go but WAYYYY Less than the first 2 years.. the actually full blown PPD lasted for the first full year for me :( Hugs mama.. you can always email me if you want/need to vent or chat
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:18 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• thanks everyone! I appreciate all your support.. Gingerwheel thanks for all the suggestions! I am def gonna try them out..
    and yea I try and get out and do stuff.. but I have no energy and no motivation.. I am nothing like I used to be
    Emmajosmommy

Comment by Emmajosmommy (original poster) at 10:49 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Yay! I hope you feel better sooner than later!

Gingerwheel

Answer by Gingerwheel at 10:42 AM on Jun. 24, 2011