Y wont they induce you before 40 weeks?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:29 PM on Jun. 23, 2011 in Pregnancy

• If there isn't a MEDICAL reason to induce why would your do that to you or your baby??

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 12:32 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• I delivered at 39w 1 day, two days before my scheduled induction. I wasn't technically 40 weeks when they scheduled the induction.
    jteffs

Answer by jteffs at 12:33 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• with my youngest I was induced 5 days before my due date. But that was because I had forceps the first time because she got stuck she was to big for my pelvis. I was afraid of that happening again so he said he could induce me if I wanted him to, to try to make the baby a little smaller than my first, but she was 6 oz. bigger. He induces a lot of his pasiants, but I think it is cause he is the only doctor (really good one too and he is a high risk doctor), he doesn't have an on call doctor. He does give you the choice though if you want to be induced or not. I was induced on my due date with my first cause they said if I went over my due date I would end up with a 10 pound baby and deffinalty wouldn't be able to deliver because my hips were small. This baby they are saying is going to be even bigger so not sure what his plans are for this one yet lol.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 12:36 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• well it's because it's dangerous to give birth WAY before the due date, but they usually induce around the due date (few days before or after)
    marinebrats

Answer by marinebrats at 12:37 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• If there is no medical reason for you to be induced, it truly is not necessary...even after your due date. Some doctors won't induce until after 42 weeks. I was induced with my first at 41 weeks, but that was only because my hubby was home on leave (he was in Iraq) and we only had 3 more days before he had to get back on the plane. If it wasn't for that I would have gone through with it because she was not at all ready to come out...she acted like a preemie when she was born.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 12:38 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• I wouldn't have gone through with it* sorry typo
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 12:40 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• I was also induced at 38 weeks and at 39 weeks due to pre-eclampsia.
    IDK why they WOULD induce you before 40 weeks if there wasn't a medical reason.

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 12:43 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• shes find it me haven problems i have cronick back problems an hip an its realy affecting them an can hardly do anything but they wont help me this baby is beatting me up.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:49 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Im not sure I was induced at 37weeks due to Pre-E.....and I have my cestion with this one on 39weeks on teh day. Speak ur concerns about your back and hips and they will/may listen. Good luck feel better!
    msmamakatie

Answer by msmamakatie at 12:51 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• I was induced at 38 weeks. I went to the doctor for my normal check up and my blood pressure was extremely high and I had gained 3 pounds in one week(retaining water badly). They had to induce otherwise I could've had seizures and harmed the baby. My due date was 8-9-10 and I had him 7-29-10. My son was 6lbs 5oz. Perfectly healthy and still is.
    CollinsMommy729

Answer by CollinsMommy729 at 12:54 PM on Jun. 23, 2011