If you could go back in time few years before you became a mom, what would you tell yourself?

Id tell myself to be careful with boys!!!

marinebrats

Asked by marinebrats at 12:30 PM on Jun. 23, 2011 in Just for Fun

• To spend as much time with my newborn! the times go by so quick!!
    msmamakatie

Answer by msmamakatie at 12:33 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• LOL. OMG I could write a book on this!!!
    I'd try to warn myself of some of the big mistakes I made....so I wouldnt make then again. Or at least learn from them quicker.
    mlmkjw

Answer by mlmkjw at 12:34 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• I would tell myself that a 19 yr old is not smart enough, or mature enough to actually plan getting pregnant after being married for only 6 months. Instead of telling myseld "hey I will be 40 when the kid is out of the house, thats still time to live it up" I would say hey, why don't you live it up as a young woman with your new husband. Get into college, start a career, enjoy your youth THEN have a family.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 12:36 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Tell myself to wait until I went and finished school and to wait until I was actually in love with the man I was going to have children with. I don;t regret my kids,just the timing.
    happymama02

Answer by happymama02 at 12:37 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• I would have told myself to give my daughter breast milk in a bottle as well as breast feeding..it makes transitioning easier. I would have told my self get ready to get addicted to buying toys. When I go into a store I have to buy her something. My living room is turning into a play room. Just last night I went to target fir cortizone end up spending well over 100.00
    suzzanna

Answer by suzzanna at 12:43 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Have them NOW, don't wait until he says he's ready.
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 2:42 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• I'd tell myself to go out to eat even more, going into debt if necessary, travel even more, all through this country and others, and volunteer a lot more, probably join a church. Because I had SO much time and did not know it. I'd tell myself to get fit earlier so I could enjoy life more. I'd keep myeslf from doing anything that I did that hurt anyone. Other than that, I'm pretty happy with my teens and 20s.

It's hard to say more, because if I didn't do certain things, I wouldn't have my kids. If I culod have my kids and still do everything, I'd tell myself either to stay in LA with most of my friends, or move to England with my last work and not to let anything stop me. I can't do it now. Husband won't live near LA and kids and husband wouldn't be fair to take them to England, even if we coud. And his job isn't the kind you cna take a year off or work for another company for a couple years.
    Tracys2

Answer by Tracys2 at 4:25 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• I'd tell myself to travel more and SLEEP IN!!!
    Sarahbeth7

Answer by Sarahbeth7 at 5:12 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• To be better with my budget.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 8:14 PM on Jun. 23, 2011