Any suggestions on how to get my daughter on the same schedule as i am?

She ( 2 yrs old) wakes up late therefore goes to sleep late. I have tried giving her a nap, she goes to sleep around 10pmbut because she took a nap earlier she wake up about three to fours later. So at 1or 2 she is up and will not go back to sleep til 6am sometimes even 8am. Then the cycle repeats all over again. This have been going on for a couple of weeks ..any suggestions? Thanks

suzzanna

Asked by suzzanna at 12:36 PM on Jun. 23, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Oh no no no. My kids go to bed at 8:00 every night. It will be kind of hard on you but wake her up in the morning and make her stay awake until an after lunch nap. Nap meaning like 45 min. Then make her wake up and keep her up till 8:00pm. Then put her to bed for the night. Put your foot down and tell her thats it for the night. Hope thats helps you a little. Good luck what ever you do :0)
    mashonad07

Answer by mashonad07 at 12:47 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• do you let her nap after 4 pm? Maybe if you try to keep her awake a little longer so she can get tired and go to bed at the time you want her to. OR try waking her up at the time she should in the morning and adjust her nap times according to that. Also, don't let her nap too long, because if she's getting so much sleep during the day, then definitely she won't sleep well at night.
    Ashoonik

Answer by Ashoonik at 12:44 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• My son is in bed by 7:30pm, going to bed at 10pm is a little late, I would say a nap in afternoon around 12-2 would be good. Typically that's the best for a 2 year old in order to sleep through the night, but be ready to get up in the morning.
    good luck to you!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 1:17 PM on Jun. 23, 2011