OMG MICE!!!!!!! help

About 6 months ago we noticed a mouse had been into our cabinet. We set traps and he was never caught. Well about a month ago we saw one behind our tv!!! then we saw TWO running for the front door where we found a hole to under the house. Well we closed the hole and they are still here. They avoid all the traps we have set (like 4 diff kinds) except when our power went out for two dys during a storm we caught FIVE on a glue trap in the cabinet. I thought HOLY COW hopefully we have them all.
Today I see a much larger mouse than the others running under my stove when I was washing dishes. I can't take it. What can I do to insure they are gone and gone forever?!?!?!?!? Our house is very very old. We have put poison under the house and in a hidden spot by the dishwasher (they ate it all) I feel INFESTED and I don't lnow what to do!

Ethans_Ma

Asked by Ethans_Ma at 12:43 PM on Jun. 23, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Have you thought about borrowing a cat? Take out the poisson at least a week before, so the kitty doesn't get sick. We live in an old house, and now that we have our fantastic cat Casper,have not seen hide nor hair of a mouse in 9 years! She wandered in our house on day, and gave birth to 8 kittens the next morning! I found them all homes, and idk if she is such a good mouser because she was a stray, but it does the trick. Are you sure the big mouse wasn't a rat? yikes!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 12:47 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• eekk i had the same problem at a rental we lived in. i had enough of it so i called the landlord and told him about it and he had an exterminator come out
    Amberlovesher3

Answer by Amberlovesher3 at 12:48 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Oh I hate mice! Last place I lived I couldn't figure out how they were getting in....I blocked every hole I could find. I got traps and they'd eat the bate and evade the trap. Then I got no kill traps which did catch them. They got these traps now the mouse aint getting out of. It swings a door shut on them
    Cenedra64

Answer by Cenedra64 at 12:52 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• I would call the exterminator!
    Ashoonik

Answer by Ashoonik at 12:53 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• We had the same problem a couple months ago. We live on a farm so when the landlord uproots his things they tend to of course run inside our house or anywhere they can. We caught around 10 using Tom Cat glue traps. Those are the best to you they are thicker glue wise so they dont escape. I also put poison under the house which seemed to help too because after all thats how they come in.

All was well until last week again we noticed another one. I caught two more. I know we have one more for sure.

We dont do cats I hate cats I think we are just as bad as vermin. I use the store stuff, and oh also there are bait stations with bait in them that are animal and kid safe. Also by Tom Cat.

Answer by gemgem at 12:53 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• I don't know if it was a rat, OMG I am ready to move on out of this house lol
    Ethans_Ma

Comment by Ethans_Ma (original poster) at 1:01 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• mice are smart lol they know to avoid the trap it seems. I can imagine and been there where youre at. I feel so ucky and my things seem so contaminated, arrrgh. I am glad I don't deal with that matter too much. My grandmother moved out and I moved in her place and it was yuck but I did not have nowhere else to turn. I was with my mom but need more space so when my Aunt decided to care for grams and her sister at her home there was a place for me and my two kids. We never had the money for an exterminator we always had cats growing up so they were good whenever a ugly mouse would show its whiskers. So I borrowed mom cat who was catching mice back to back until there was no more to be caught at least I have not been seeing any. If u r o.k with a cat make sure you get all the poison out the house though. I could not do traps I just didn't have the stomach. For me it took the poison, glue traps and the cat.
    lovengrace

Answer by lovengrace at 1:08 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• peanut butter in mouse traps works great.
    CarrieR62

Answer by CarrieR62 at 4:34 PM on Jun. 24, 2011