How to discilpine a child younger than two?

my son is 18months and very smart...example he climbs thing and shouts get down but continues to climb even after i let him fall not hard but enough for him to get scarred but he still does it...the word no means yes to him and dont means do. what am i supposed to do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:52 PM on Jun. 23, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Instead of saying "no" all the time, try to redirect his attention to something different that might be fun or remind him that if he does that again, he'll get hurt.
    Ashoonik

Answer by Ashoonik at 12:55 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Get up and get after him. Take him down every time he clibs on something stand there and block his path to it until he understands that he is not to do that. Clever little boy. lol :0) Stay strong and good luck to you.
    mashonad07

Answer by mashonad07 at 12:57 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• try to distract him, my son is 17 months and really clever too, i try to distract him with putting clothes in the washer, playing, anything to get him away from what he is not supposed to be doing.
    learn him to play chase, then when he starts to climb rum away n shout nay nay nay nay you cant catch me, that makes my son chase me, or "guna get you" and he runs
    proud-mummy

Answer by proud-mummy at 1:04 PM on Jun. 23, 2011