Dh can't agree on names!

we're 4 weeks from knowing the baby's sex, I could have learnt it yesterday at doctors appointment but baby wasn't cooperating he/she had it's legs crossed all the time and kept hiding it's crotch. Anyhow, my husband wants a part in our baby's name, my husband's name is Hayden Patrick. I told him I refused to name a child junior, So this baby does NOT have a name yet... any help?

marinebrats

Asked by marinebrats at 12:54 PM on Jun. 23, 2011 in Baby Names

• i dont like that name Hayden Patrick.. doesnt go good together.. maybe use dads name as the middle name? or use the same middle name? Or you pic the 1st name he pic the middle or vise versa..
    Anonymous

• For a boy what about switching the names and calling him Patrick Hayden, or if you don't want a Jr then you pick a 1st name and let him decide if he wants to have Patrick or Hayden for a middle name.

For girls names- you could name her Hayley, or Patricia, Trish
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 12:58 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• I love Hayden Patrick! You have a lot of time still. You'll agree on something, look at babynames.com.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:59 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• I had that problem when we thought our baby was a boy and it turned out to be a girl. We could not compromise on a name at all! You could wait until the baby is born and then persuade him to use your name choice. He might be so overwhelmed with happiness he wont care. If not, you might be able to compromise on the name? For instance, you guys call him junior, but he has his own name or he can share your husbands name, but you call him a different variation. For example, William Robert is a First and Middle name combo. Dad likes to be called Bobby and son likes to be called Rob.
    Gingerwheel

Answer by Gingerwheel at 1:00 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• We had the problem with not agreeing on names, too. We decided first and middle together, and if either of us just flat out didn't like a name, then it was out. We were a month before my due date--3 weeks before my scheduled c-section--before we finally decided on a name. I wish you luck on deciding on a name. But, for the record, I don't like naming kids after others, either.
    kasey22

Answer by kasey22 at 2:13 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• I agree with you on the Jr. part.........not because it's not a nice name, but just to create a completely separate identity.
    What about using his initials?
    Boys: Holden Paul.....................Henry Parker................Henly Pierce....................Hile Preston........
    Girls: Haylee Paige.................Hannah Peyton......................Holly Patrice...................Harper Presley...............
    Kimedbs

Answer by Kimedbs at 2:17 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• I don't like the name Hayden, but I love Patrick! So cute. Use one of his names as a first name or middle name and find another name that you both love that flows well with it!
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 2:22 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• You could also use his initials, HP, and find boy/girl names that start with the same letters that you like.

You could also use other names that have the same meaning or are similar.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 2:25 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• I am really not into jr.'s either....what I did (my hubby and I cannot agree on girl names) is I went onto a name website made a list of about 20 names that I really liked and let him pick his top 3 off that list, and then he did the same thing and I picked the top 3 of his list...then we combined it to a list of 6 and each picked our top 2...turns out we both had 1 name in common on our top 2....so that is what this baby's name will be.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 2:25 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• If you dont want a jr then mayb use the same initials (that would be a compromise) or just use one as a middle name? GL! Im sure you have time to decide..Congratulations!
    Heather021287

Answer by Heather021287 at 4:15 PM on Jun. 24, 2011