Any tips on recovery from a c section with a 2 year old in the house?

I have a planned 2nd c section on the 29th and I could use any tips on recovery with a new born and a two year old mommies boy. Thank you so much

CC2boys

Asked by CC2boys at 12:57 PM on Jun. 23, 2011 in General Parenting

• I had a 2 1/2 year old when I had a c-section. That's when I introduced her to the computer. She loved noggin.com, disney.com, sesamestreet.com, nickjr.com. I would hold the baby and nurse while she was on the computer. She got so good she could do it herself. Also, she watched a lot of TV. My mother came over a lot and they really bonded. I put the baby in the sling and the 2 1.2 year old in the stroller when we went out. Good luck!!!!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:04 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• always keep the twol year old occupied but dont forget to include her/him with the daily baby activities handing u bottles and diapers picking babies out fits so there is no resentment.use witch hazel for stiches. its the best.
    lmelecio1985

Answer by lmelecio1985 at 1:22 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• I had a 2 y/o at home when I had my twin boys (via c-section). I was completely on my own 2 days after coming home from the hospital. I managed. The best advice that I could possibly give you is to trust yourself, only do what your body allows you to, and don't stress the rest. Who cares if the house is a wreck for a week or two? Just focus on yourself and your kids and all will be fine. If you have support in friends and family don't be afraid to let them help; I just didn't have any.
    Kimedbs

Answer by Kimedbs at 2:08 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• I didn't have this when I had my second c-section--we actually bought it for a plane trip--but my son loves the mobigo game system. It's about $40 and has tons of different games (Mickey, Cars, Penguins of Madagascar, Toy Story, Shrek, etc). It's a touch system (kind of like a DSi, but, also has a full keyboard. All of the games are teaching games. My son loves the thing and can be entertain for hours with it. We watched a lot of TV when I had my repeat. Remember not to do too much. If you try to push yourself too far too soon, you could hurt yourself and be down for a lot longer than if you had just rested. My son is a pretty hyper child, but he was so interested in the new baby that he wanted to help a lot. So, I would let him get the paci and blankets, etc. and that entertained him, too.
    kasey22

Answer by kasey22 at 2:31 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Just rest whenever you can, have your husband/boyfriend help as much as he can with housework and laundry when he gets home and don't over do it. Keep your 2yo as involved with baby as possible, read to him when you are feeding the baby, do special things with him while the baby is sleeping, etc.. It's not easy but it can be done. All 5 of mine were born via C-Section and it was a challenge, especially with a husband in the military when they were all born and gone for 3 of their births & just 5 years between the 1st and the 5th (they were born in 8/86, 1/88, 8/89, 8/90 and 12/91). It was hard, especially with no family close by but I got through it. Us women are strong beings and can handle just about anything.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:26 AM on Jun. 25, 2011