My teen daughter is dating a gay boy !!!!!

My teen daughter just started dating this new guy and I think he is gay, ( I dont have a problem with gay people !!!! ) I am just woried about this relationship. He only hangs out with female friends he has no male friends , he loves Lady Gaga and only wears her t-shirts, he talks and acts very feminine. My DD gets very mad at him because he will hang with his female friends and not her. He asked her out, and Im wondering if he is just using her to do what society wants him to do. I swear to god he has got to be gay!!!!!! please help?????

mommyx3me

Asked by mommyx3me at 1:02 PM on Jun. 23, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• He could be bi, or metrosexual. I have an ex like that. It doesn't mean he's gay.
    kit_manson

Answer by kit_manson at 1:03 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Just leave it alone. It's her choice. Not to mention you don't have to worry about the normal, groping, kissing, and teen pregnancy for a minute.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 1:08 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Not all boys who like Lady Gaga are gay.,...my 20yo very straight soldier son loves Lady Gaga, has a decal on his car and posters in his room and may even have a t-shirt of hers. Not all boys with mostly female friends are gay....my 19yo very straight football playing college son mostly hangs out with girls, give them fashion advice from a male opinion and has allowed his female friends to out makeup and nail polish on him. He just has fun and doesn't have any hang ups. Neither of my younger sons do. They have girlfriends, they like females, they aren't gay....but people probably think they are. My 19yo wears an Elmo hat and an Elmo shirt, he acts silly, he sings and dances in public, etc.. My 20yo son wears Ninja Turtle and Ghost Bust (Stay Puff Marshmallow Man) hats and acts silly in public. There's nothing wrong with not acting super macho all the time. I wouldn't make assumptions.
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 1:15 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Oh and not all 16yo males are sex fiends. None of mine were. My 24yo waited until he was 21 and married to have sex, my 23yo was 18 and my younger 2 still have not had sex. They chose/choose to wait because they knew/know that they were not ready for the responsibilities that can come from having sex. That doesn't make a guy gay. He just may be metro sexual or he may not even want to admit he IS gay if he is. Or....your daughter could be using him as a decoy to toss you off the scent of the real guy she likes. At 14 she shouldn't have a whole lot of freedom and you should make sure you take her to and from wherever she needs to go.
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 1:17 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• I haven't read the other answers but here's mine. He probably is gay. The good news is that she wont be having sex as long as she's dating him. I'm reminded of a friend of mine when I was a teenager. She was 17 and was dating a gay guy. We didn't get that he was gay until years later although looking back it was obvious. Anyway, her mom kept trying to get her to go on the pill and she was adamant she wasn't ready for sex. She liked him because he didn't pressure her. I don't know what he was in it for. Probably as you say a cover for society or his parents. They dated for a couple of years and eventually they just broke up amicably.
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 1:32 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Just leave it alone. He probably is in denial. Feel safe that he won't take advantage of your daughter!! Gay guys make the BEST friends!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:48 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Hmm.. he may just be using her for a cover up. But maybe he is just a feminine straight guy & doesn't feel comfortable around other guys because of his personality..
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 1:04 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• well- if she likes him, there isn't much you can do except warn her about being carefl with her heart, and be there for her if it doesn't work out.
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 1:05 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• I dont know what to think of this!!!!! He has no interest in holding hands, kissing , or other stuff!!!! I looks to me like a friendship, but he wants her to be a girlfriend?? DD is 14 and he is 16??? doesnt 16 year old boys want more????
    mommyx3me

Comment by mommyx3me (original poster) at 1:06 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• be wise and let it flow
    diana398

Answer by diana398 at 1:06 PM on Jun. 23, 2011