Anyone on CM can share about life changes after a layoff?

I am having a very hard time finding sustainable work after a layoff. I will be moving to another state upnorth where the economy is better. A part of this transition will be residing in a shelter until I have enough money to stand on my own. Where I am living now, the hard economy is really chipping away on my relationship, professional credentials, family support, my happiness and everything else. I am now looking forward to the move and doing all research into jobs (open positions per capita), personal safety & life expenses. My daughter is in college, so I have no dependents.

Can any other mom on CM can share a life story about starting again on just her own two feet without the assistance of others?

Thanks in advance

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:25 PM on Jun. 23, 2011 in Money & Work

• I just wanted to wish you all the best. Good for you for taking the necessary steps.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 1:28 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• My spouse and I were downsized from our corporate jobs within several weeks of each other, in 2008. After frustrating job searches, we both started our own businesses

Answer by rkoloms at 4:37 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• I was downsized from my job in 2009 after 9 years with the company. I now work as an independent contractor in the financial field. It is not an easy transition but you have to be willing to change. Corporate jobs today are unstable and a lot of companies are now hiring part time paying lower. Entrepreneurship is the way to go. My suggestion is find the job before you move at least have interviews set up. I know it is difficult right now but check this out carefully first. For every job there are hundreds of applications. All the best with this.  If you would like information on what I do send me an email. 

Fabe21

Answer by Fabe21 at 10:00 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• try snagajob.com that is a great site.
    I ended up starting a home business!! Best decision I ever made!! message me if interested. can be done anywhere in usa!! I make 50%!!!
    Good Luck!!!
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 5:24 PM on Jun. 24, 2011