Does Your Man Do This?

My SO is obsessed with Ron Paul right now. Every spare second he gets he is on youtube looking up new videos on Ron Paul.

I am happy is he is passionate about something, but at what point does it become too extreme or something to worry about?

What really surprises me is he will hold our daughter for like 2 minutes, then put her in her exersaucer, then get on the internet. If I haven't seen her all day I would want to play with her for a little longer, but really a lot longer, than just 2 minutes?

Gingerwheel

Asked by Gingerwheel at 1:42 PM on Jun. 23, 2011 in Relationships

• solution
    at least something to make him see how obession is taking away from his real life

make a T-shirt (or buy one if they have them)
    get a little bay T-shirt or outfit that says I support Ron Paul
    or make even cutier
    "I drool over Ron Paul"

maybe he will see it as a hint
    at the very least, you will get a laugh out of a situation-laughter good medicine for you, and he will definitely notice and has to spend more time with child when little one is a supporter too
    ?? good luck
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 2:01 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Grr.. that would bother me. sorry :( no, he's sports nut but lets Max watch sprout all night
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:44 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• He'll be over Ron Paul when he loses the election :) And although I agree (as a female) that I would want to spend more time with my child after work... men are wired differently. I don't think there is anything to worry about... better than porn, right?
    hollydaze1974

Answer by hollydaze1974 at 1:45 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• That would drive me nuts. You have my sympathies. My man is constantly online and talking to contacts for work. I understand he needs to do this in order to make an income but it's kind of irritating when we haven't had real time together. I did talk to my man about it and we now have an agreement to put our things aside and do something together with our son. We do plenty of things together but we set aside a time each day in which we ignore our phones, we don't get online and we just enjoy each other.
    Ruthzaad

Answer by Ruthzaad at 1:49 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Have you talked to him about not holding dd? He will eventually grow tired of always checking.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 1:49 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• I'm sorry : ( Luckily my SO and I don't watch tv and when he is home, he's usually studying for school. But I can never complain. He takes every min of his free time to be with our dd and he's the best daddy to her! Some days though, he is like this--surfing the net for like 2 1/2 hours straight while I'm taking care of dd and doing household chores...excuse me, when do I ever have a break like that during the day?? I know how irritating that feels!
    a.emily

Answer by a.emily at 1:54 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Nope, my DH missed out on so much of our first two kids lives the first couple years after they were born because he traveled a lot for work so now he doesn't take a single moment for granted and the first thing he does when he gets home is play with the kids. He and I are both music lovers and we'll scour YouTube for music videos and interviews with bands but usually not until the kids are in bed or in school or if they're out with friends and/or relatives.
    anon1986East

Answer by anon1986East at 1:57 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• sorry to hear that.. mines obsessed with fishing.
    abannist

Answer by abannist at 1:57 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• OMG!!!

That is hilarious Fiatpax
    Gingerwheel

Comment by Gingerwheel (original poster) at 2:03 PM on Jun. 23, 2011