New cell phone, but it keeps dying! Ill plug it in and then 3 minutes later it says charge complete...I have had the phone for 3 days now..Is this normal for new cell phones??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:29 PM on Dec. 13, 2008 in Shopping

• my common sense tells me: NO! its not normal..

bring it back to the store.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 5:29 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• Is it a verizon phone?
    robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 5:31 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• yea it is Verizon...My husband think my old phone did this when it was new, but I cant remember...He thinks its normal but its pissing me off!
    Anonymous

• Check your battery charging settings. Make sure it is set on 8 hours or longer. I had that problem with one of mine. That was the cause. Also make sure any bluetooth device is off.
    darcibeisheim

Answer by darcibeisheim at 5:36 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• What type of phone is it.. There my be a update available for it that I can send you. Its not a normal thing for a phone to do but there may have been a glitch in the type of phone when that happens all of the phones have to have a update and the store you bought yours from may not have done it but you can do it yourself from your computer
    robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 5:36 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• its the LG Chocolate 3...
    Anonymous

• With a new cell phone I always heard you were supposed to totally let the battery wear down then recharge, also I think technically you are supposed to shut them off at night when charging them. I would, however, take it back to where you got it and check with them. Maybe you just got a bad one. That happens.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 5:39 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• Do you have a my verizon account?
    robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 5:42 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• How do i check battery settings...? I dont think there is that option..
    Anonymous

• yes i do have a my verizon account..
    Anonymous