Our towns best kept secret! If you like saving money.

I live in small town OH. I love to shop for my boys ages 4 and 5 when it comes to cute clothes. I love Old Navy, Gap Kids, and The Childrens Place. I think kids should look nice and have a few "special" outfits for good.

Recently in a fit of random, I went into my local Good Will Store. OMG, an hour and 60 bucks later, I walked out of there with I shit you not, a garbage bag bursting with VERY NICE gently used clothes. I felt like I had commited robbery. I was amazed and the nice stuff in there. Granted you have to go through things but it was worth it! Some stuff still had tags on it. Now my older girls go in and grab cute tank tops etc for 2 bucks a piece. We go once a week to see whats new.

Do you "do" Good Will?

salexander

Asked by salexander at 2:01 PM on Jun. 23, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I never have, but I heard it's great. I know I give great things.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:19 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• I go to the salvation army every wednesday, for half price family days.
    I don't always buy, but it gives me a chance to look around while my oldest is in gymnastics.
    But when I do buy, I seem to hit the jackpot.
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 2:21 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• sure do.. we love goodwill
    esmith1984

Answer by esmith1984 at 2:23 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• yep
    thift stores rock
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 2:25 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• I've been going to goodwill for a while. Did you just figure out that thrift stores aren't just junk? It's not a secret that you can get great stuff there.
    Anonymous

• Sure do!
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 7:57 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Don't have GW but we have other 2nd hand stores that are great, and I love garage sales.
    Anonymous

• Anon, no I am not an idiot, but thanks for the sarcasm. I am aware thrift stores can hide great deals, I just never went in one before now. I also never thought I would get so much in one place. Mom's like you are so nice to have on this site NOT
    salexander

Comment by salexander (original poster) at 9:21 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I've been a thrift store junkie for years. In fact, I rarely buy new if I don't have to.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:50 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• OH YEAH!! I love Goodwill, salvations Army and all the cute little resale shops in my area. I try to go to them whenever Im in that area. Plus I go to the one where my mom and get some really Great Deals, Love getting Jeans for $5. I dont buy retail ever!!
    babyhuey2

Answer by babyhuey2 at 10:51 PM on Jul. 2, 2011