What was your first thought?

Right after you had your baby, what was your first thought? Happy to see baby, happy not to be pregnant anymore, ect........The very first thing that came to your mind? Mine was "it feels so nice to be empty".....everyone (doctors, nurses, ect) looked at me like I was crazy but I didnt care. Dont get me wrong I was happy that she was finally there and I finally got to hold her but really it was so nice to feel empty. Not having all that pressure inside of me anymore was heaven lol.

SMG1120

Asked by SMG1120 at 2:03 PM on Jun. 23, 2011 in Pregnancy

• 1. glad that labor was over- I survived!
    2. OMG he is so big and amazing how he is looking around and so alert
    3. she is SO tiny and what a squeeky whiny girly cry she has
    4. I knew he was gonna be a whooper! thank god we induced 3 weeks early!
    2teens2LOs

Answer by 2teens2LOs at 2:06 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• "That was IT?!?
    hunh
    What was I so worried about? "

doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:11 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• When my first was born, it was the most terrifying experience of my life. I was watching doctors trying to resuscitate him, and all I could think was that if he died, I didn't know how I would keep going with my own life.
    When my second was born, I just held him sobbing because he was ok. It was weird because I felt like I was able to celebrate the births of both of my children, just knowing they were both alive.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 2:14 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• DD- 1. "OMG she's HUGE!" She ended up being 8lbs 1 oz but I thought for sure they were going to say she was almost 10 lbs.
    2. "OMG I am going to die before I ever change her first diaper" when I started hemorraging shortly after I delivered her.

DS- 1."He is so tiny"
    2. "Am I hemorraging again?"
    3. UM...I am STARVING!!! Where is my turkey sandwhich?" LOL

Other than that I EXHAUSTED and wanted everyone to see baby ASAP so I could nurse baby and go to sleep!
    Anonymous

• 1st: she looks just like her daddy and where in the world did this red hair come from?! Lol
    2nd: thankgoodness she is crying!(It took them 5 minutes to revive her. She wasn't breathing and her heart had stopped beating) She looks just like her sister, but with dark brown hair.
    With both of my girls I instantly fell in love. HUGE smiles and lots of tears :)
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 3:18 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• "Great, now I can go to sleep!" I know, I should have been thinking about bonding and my precious blessing, but call me a bad mom - I was awake for over 3 days, in labor for 2 days, and ended up with a c-section so I was pretty drugged. All I wanted to do was sleep.
    Telephus44

Answer by Telephus44 at 3:24 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• there was such a jumble of emtions when they laid her on my tummy right after i gave birth, the mother in me was saying God she is perfect!,and begin cleaning her myself, and then the tech side of me was counting each breath she took, checking her skin color, lol. everything had gone into like slow motion,there wasnt anyone but me and her in our bubble as we looked into each others eyes.but after she finally screamed when the nurse went to take her away from me there was like a hugh sigh of wow shes here! its done now:) and it was like a drug of sweet pleasure as everything broke the slow motion and sped up so quickly
    bamamommy2009

Answer by bamamommy2009 at 3:33 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• I don't think it was a specific thought it was more a amazing feeling of breath taking awe. If there was ever a itty bitty doubt in my mind about God, when my son came out and they placed him on my chest, I knew God had blessed me and now He was smiling down on me. I felt incredible knowing I had just brought a life into the world. Whenever I get overwhelmed and felt depressed because things aren't going right I look at my son and think I grew a child inside me and gave birth, I can f--kin' do ANYTHING!  Just thining about that time makes me get choked up :-).

LadybugTash

Answer by LadybugTash at 3:53 PM on Jun. 23, 2011