3 year old potty trained for nap i thought

My 3 year old son Haiden we just potty trained for nap time so he doesn't have to wear pull up to nap anymore and just wears his underwear and pants. We do have something to cover the mattress over just in case of accidents which i can just take his sheets off and wipe the mattress part clean.
He did great the first week with out any accidents and he was praised a lot when he woke up dry and even with out poop in his pants. He thought he was king. But after that he wakes up dry but has poop in his underwear, i asked him do we poop in our underwear and he tells me NO mommy and tells me where it goes. Then i ask him why is it in ur pants and he says it is just easier.
I told him if u feel like u have to poop then get up and call me and i will help u get on the toilet.
He has not gone poop now but he won't tell me he has to go, he just waits until the morning so he can do it in his pull up, or if on a good day he will tell me and he will go on the toilet if he can't hold it that long.
How can i get him back to where he was the first week he did it with out pull up on for nap. Do i make him clean his bed off, I don't know any advice would be nice.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:31 PM on Jun. 23, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• stop having him in pull ups. its just like a diaper... my ds was 2.5yrs and he potty trained for nap and night time in about a week without pull ups.there will be tons of accidents the first few days but it will get better. my ds hated feeling wet or dirty at all. make a big deal about him wearing underwear like a big boy and only babies wear diapers. he now identifies kids based on what they wear...baby diapers, kids no diapers.
    dreamangel06

Answer by dreamangel06 at 2:53 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Could he possibly be constipated? (is it hard at all?) my son has problems with constipation and we have found that he actually poops in his sleep!
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 3:11 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• NO he goes every day
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:44 AM on Jun. 24, 2011