Do you think that sexual offenders can be rehabilitated?

Do you think that it is possible for sex offenders, such as rapists and child molesters to be rehabilitated with counseling or do you feel that these type of people can never change and its only a matter of time before they strike again? What do you think should be done with these types of offenders once they are released from prison? Do you think they should be monitored closely for the rest of their lives instead of just having to register with law enforcement?

maggiebgood

Asked by maggiebgood at 2:34 PM on Jun. 23, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• no
    esmith1984

Answer by esmith1984 at 2:36 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• No, this is a disease that cannot be cured. However, one can learn to control and manage it.
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 2:36 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• IMO, they should never be released. They can ROT in jail for all I care.
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 2:37 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• No, I do not think these type of sex offenders can be rehabilitated and I think they should have their penis cut off and they should have to register with law enforcement and be monitored closely for the rest of their lives.
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 2:39 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• According to reasearch, they can't be rehabilitated.They need to stay locked up.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 2:40 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• No I don't think they can. They are sick individuals who should be put away & tortured for the rest of their lives!!
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 2:43 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• No from what I know. They do need to stay locked up.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 2:50 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Nope
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 2:54 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• In this life, no. In the next, maybe.
    I don't think they should ever serve prison but face the death pentality. But I am referring to the worst of the worst; violent rapists and child molesters not statutory rape and a 16 year old and an 18 year old getting nailed for child molestation or any of the other ways the sex offender laws are convicting people unjustly.
    But without them facing the death pentality, they should be quartinned for life and shunned from society.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 2:56 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Molesters, on occasion, pedophiles, NO

Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 2:59 PM on Jun. 23, 2011