WARNING: IF YOUR KIDS BELIEVE AND CAN READ DONT LET EM SEE THIS! (QUESTION BELOW)

did you let your children stip believing on in santa on there own or did someone tell them, or were they not allowed to believe

JrsMommy07

Asked by JrsMommy07 at 5:53 PM on Dec. 13, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• My daughter is 9. We were at the mall together and she said "ok mommy, I have to ask, is Santa real? A lot of the girls have been talking about it at school". I asked her if she really wanted to know. She said yes. So, I said "No, he is not. I'm sorry." She told me that she pretty much figured that. But then she said. "But I know the Tooth Fairy is real." She looked so happy that I just said "Yes, she is." and gave her a hug. It was just last week and I will never forget it. You have to keep some of the magic.
    -Chelsea
    chelseaa

Answer by chelseaa at 2:14 AM on Dec. 15, 2008

• I will let my kids stop believing on their own. I don't want to ruin the magic of Christmas for them in any way shape or form! Christmas has more meaning than just Santa but its fun for the little kids
    Married2theBest

Answer by Married2theBest at 5:57 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• oop i put this in the wrong category.. o well
    JrsMommy07

Answer by JrsMommy07 at 5:58 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• She can believe as long as she wants.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 6:03 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• I'm going to let my daughter (and future kids) stop believing on their own. We're not going to make a huge deal out of Santa in the first place...but we're not going to flat out tell her that he's not real.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 6:06 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• I'm 31 yrs old & Santa still leaves me toys at my mom's house. ... ya know, all the cool toys you see commercials for & go "Dang!! Why didn't they have that when I was a kid?? I'd SO play with that!!"

If Santa's still stopping by my house when the kids are grown... so be it.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 6:35 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• laura thats really cute!!! When my mom was alive even though we were too big for santa he would still leave us all something, I am carrying on tha ttradition proudly, Every year we all get stuff hubby and I included. I but hubby's santa gift he buys mine and we buy the kids together
    Married2theBest

Answer by Married2theBest at 8:43 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• When I was little I was throwing around a little "My first Radio" toy and my mom told me to be nice to my toys because my dad works hard to buy me nice things. I replied like a brat saying "Santa got this for me I can do whatever I want to it." My mom just snapped and started yelling "Theres no santa, no easter bunny, no tooth fairy, etc." I just remember crying hystaricly and telling my dad when he got home and he was really mad at her. Thats how I found out... I don't recomend it :(
    crissym45

Answer by crissym45 at 12:34 AM on Dec. 14, 2008

• My children are still very young (*all under 5*) so i will tell them when they ask, probably when they are around 10-11
    Mummytomore

Answer by Mummytomore at 12:49 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• Santa's not real????
    cristie1276

Answer by cristie1276 at 2:51 PM on Dec. 14, 2008