Tricare and Ultrasounds?

I am 12 weeks today. I went to the dr at 8 weeks and just did blood work. I went in again at 11 weeks and was told I would get an ultrasound at 20-21 weeks. Is there anyway I could request one? I just want to see if the baby is growing right and make sure everything is ok. I go back for an appointment around 15 weeks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:38 PM on Jun. 23, 2011 in Pregnancy

• No reason to have one before 20 weeks. If they suspect something, they will do one.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 2:40 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• no tricare only does one im on tricare too and 16 weeks pregnant i just go off base to a ultrasound places ....just found out its a boy .... i know it sucks that they only do one ultrasound
    keithamy06

Answer by keithamy06 at 2:41 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• I had 2 with my first and second (different insurance). I figured they would do the same. The first is to check measurements and EDD. 2 of my friends have had more than one ultrasound with Tricare. One actually had one all the time. She said she would lie and say things didnt feel right and would get one. But I won't do that.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:44 PM on Jun. 23, 2011