Cry it out

My dd doctor suggests I let her cry it out when I put her in her crib and stop co sleeping...thoughts? Have you tried this method

BlessednHappy

Asked by BlessednHappy at 2:59 PM on Jun. 23, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Do what you feel is right! Everyone has their own opinion about co-sleeping, CIO, BFing, extended rear-facing, etc. etc. the list can go on and on. I think you should do what you are comfortable with, what you think is right, what works for you and your little one.
    Ludvik_Smith

Answer by Ludvik_Smith at 3:05 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• I just nod and smile to my doctor. Then I do whatever the hell I want.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:06 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• I would never do that. I continued to co-sleep.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:00 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• No, I would never be ok with CIO.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 3:03 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Nope. You can always tell the doc you tried it and it failed..

Answer by gdiamante at 3:04 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Ooo CIO does NOT work. The point is you want your child to have a healthy relationship with going to sleep. I LOVE mompam's suggestion :) Do what you feel is best :) GL! Co-sleeping is MORE than fine :)
    Sarahbeth7

Answer by Sarahbeth7 at 4:41 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• It's up to you, you can co-sleep for a long time tho. I can't co-sleep, b/c I can't get any sleep, I keep waking up and see if he's cover with blanket or did I accidently rollover to him. It's so much better when he's sleeping in his own crib, b/c he likes to spread his arms and legs wide out. I let him cry for about 10 or 15 min that one time and ever since then he barely cry and would wake up at night quietly looking at the camera (i'm serious) and sucks on his fingers and goes back to sleep. He's 7 months now and it's very easy to put him to sleep, by 9 he's out like a light. That just my thoughts and everyone has their own opinion even your pedi, so do what you feel comfortable.
    Amy2079

Answer by Amy2079 at 9:15 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• I'd tell my doctor to lay helplessly in a crib, starving... lonely... scared... and uncomfortable with a wet diaper.. and then tell her to cry and cry and cry in hopes someone will help her until she falls asleep after realizing no one will help her.
    mamanature

Answer by mamanature at 10:14 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Its important for babies to learn to self soothe to go to sleep but cry it out method is very hard..Im currently working on my 12 month old and weaning..not fun :( but do whatever you are comfortable with and works with the fam!! If you do choose cry it out..make sure your baby is all comfortable of course :)
    socalikim

Answer by socalikim at 2:38 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I guess I don't understand why she is so persistent about it! I co slept with my ds until he was 12 months
    BlessednHappy

Comment by BlessednHappy (original poster) at 3:02 PM on Jun. 23, 2011