Negative blood test positive ultrasound ??

I got a positive HPT went in for an ultrasound yesterday that showed a sac that measured 4 weeks 5 days which would be correct from my last period of may 19th. They sent me for blood work and told me my HCG came back at <2 which im not sure how that is possible. I have had no cramps no bleeding and they saw the sac on the ultrasound. I go back for another ultrasound on tuesday but this is really stressing me out. any one have anything similar ?

pastorejnh

Asked by pastorejnh at 3:00 PM on Jun. 23, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Was it an empty sac or did they see a fetal pole?
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 3:01 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• just the sac, they said it was too early to see anything else till atleast 5 weeks
    pastorejnh

Comment by pastorejnh (original poster) at 3:02 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• you may have a blighted ovum
    nurse_maya

Answer by nurse_maya at 3:04 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Either it's way too soon and you were lucky to see a sac, or you have blighted ovum.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 3:06 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Or you could just have an empty egg sac. Long story short.....I took a test, was positive. Went to dr, they did a test, was negative. They did blood work, my hcg levels were way off. So they did an ultrasound, all they saw was an egg sac saying I was 4 - 5 weeks. They scheduled me for another ultrasound 2 weeks later and nothing changed. So basically it just stayed an empty egg sac, no baby what so ever. I really hope it all works out for you and their testing was just off.
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 3:16 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• I didt have a fetal pole wit this one either......I am now 29weeks and have a heathy little girl in my tummy lol ..... It may just be early early.....good luck mama
    msmamakatie

Answer by msmamakatie at 4:16 PM on Jun. 23, 2011