How long have you known your oldest friend?

And I'm not talking facebook friends or things like that... friends you actually talk to and see on occasion.

I was just looking at photos of a friend's wedding - a friend I went to elementary school with, not someone I really know now), and there were at least 10 people we went to elementary with, just all hanging out together at the wedding... for the most part, they started in preschool together and went all the way to grade 12 and graduated together. I'm so jealous... I loved that town until I moved away when I was 12 years old, and I think it's awesome that they're still friends.

I, on the other hand... don't see people from that long ago. The oldest friend I actually see is one from high school, who I've known since grade 10. So... about 8 years. It's still pretty good that we're still friends, I think!
My best friend, who I live with and see every day, I've only known for a year and a half. :P

AdensMama0308

Asked by AdensMama0308 at 3:08 PM on Jun. 23, 2011 in Relationships

• Ive known my Best friend for 8 years .
    des11987

Answer by des11987 at 3:13 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• known my best friends for 18 years, we meet in the 1st grade.
    CEWarsop

Answer by CEWarsop at 3:11 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• I have known my longest friend since I was in 7th grade..I do still talk to friends from 2 grade although we all live so far apart from each other that we don't hang out that much. My friend from 7th grade I still hang out with and that was 24 years ago. My other close friends I have known for 9 years and I met them through my kids.
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 3:11 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• known my best friend for 22+ years, we grew up together on the same street.
    cnv13085

Answer by cnv13085 at 3:16 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Since 4th grade, we email and sometimes text and have had drunk talks over the years lol.. but she's by far someone i've known the longest
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:17 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• 29 years. Met in 6th grade. Went to middle school together and she moved in high school but we still visited each other and stuff. We talk every day on the phone and email every day. The other friends I have known for about 25 yrs and some are only a couple of years. But I seem to hang on to friends. We all realise that we have lives and that it is fine. We are all glad for fb, email and texting to help talk to each other. We get together when we have time and it is nice to be around people that have known you a long time and still want to be friends.
    Sithpadawans

Answer by Sithpadawans at 3:22 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• 14 yrs. met in jr high school
    Shani527

Answer by Shani527 at 3:43 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• 14 years we met freshman year.
    marine_wife0520

Answer by marine_wife0520 at 4:00 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Since Kindergarten so....20 years.
    myree85

Answer by myree85 at 4:26 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• I met my childhood best friend when I was 4 years old. We lived in the same apts and did EVERYTHING together. We still keep in touch but are very busy. She has 4 kids and I'm on my first. She is 23 and I'll be 23 in August. We def took different roads in life but always love each other for all the memories we have together. My other best friend, I met in 7th grade(I was 12) We're still best friends and talk almsot everyday. Sometimes all day thru email. Lol
    CollinsMommy729

Answer by CollinsMommy729 at 4:27 PM on Jun. 23, 2011