Yeast Infection! Seriously! gosh!!

Since last week i have been getting itchy discharge was hoping to see my doctor yersturday but she reschedule it. makes me mad this will be the second time she does it. Im worried about my baby would it be harmful for him since i havent treat it yet? Im 38 weeks and would really like to treat this asap! since i can go in labor at any time but this clinics in this time have such a shitty service that keep telling me they need to rescheduled I just hope this infection wont get or harm my baby any how? maybe im just over reacting but making me really mad! I need to see my doctor and she cant see me till friday any adviced?

jess410

Asked by jess410 at 3:13 PM on Jun. 23, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Call and ask the nurse to ask the doctor to call you back or answer the question for you. You can even call another doctor's office and ask the question.
    Anonymous

• My OB always told me that Monistat was safe to use during pregnancies.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 3:24 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• If you don't want to use Monistat, AZO makes a natural probiotics otc medication. Also, plain yogurt with probiotics is great as well.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 3:25 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• I am expecting baby #4. I have had a yeast infection with all 3 of my pregnancies. I always had the infection at the end of the pregnancies. I have used Monistat to treat each of the infections. The infections always went away. Note: each of my babies came down with thrush, which is a yeast infection in the mouth. Thrush kind of looks like cottage cheese spots that can be on your baby's tongue, roof of the mouth, or on the insides of the cheek. It is quite painful to the baby and to you, if you nurse the baby. I don't remember how long after before before it presented in the baby. Should your baby come down with thrush, the pediatrician will probably prescribe Nystatin. If you nurse, you will put the medicine in the baby's mouth and on your nipples and areola. (You will need to treat yourself as well. If you don't, you will continue to pass the thrush back and forth between you and the baby.)
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 3:26 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• But u shouldnt insert nething inside ur vagina!!! CALL UR DOC or go to the ER!!!
    msmamakatie

Answer by msmamakatie at 4:10 PM on Jun. 23, 2011