Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Devastated and don't know what to do... :(

A week ago I got an ultrasound at 7.5 wks, clearly a HB was there. I have been so sick this entire pregnancy. Nothing has changed symptom wise. I went in for my appt today and I'm now 8 wks 5 days... Doctor found no HB. She looked for avfew minutes and nothin. Baby measured exactly 8 weeks 5 days and looked perfect and same with everything else. Doc scheduled me for a d & c tomorrow but I really want an additional ultrasound just for closure and to be sure. It seems so weird that I'm still sick and baby measures perfect... Any thoughts or advice?

Answer Question
 
Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:14 PM on Jun. 23, 2011 in Pregnancy

Answers (16)
  • Tell the doctor you want a second opinion.
    admckenzie

    Answer by admckenzie at 3:15 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

  • not all the times can the HB be heard, it does happen to be very early - good luck tomorrow, hugs
    maxsmom11807

    Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:15 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

  • DO NOT GET A d&c tell them you want to wait it out. There are ALWAYS mistakes.. request another ultrasound or wait till you have symptoms of a miscarriage(bleeding, cramping) Doctors these days will just do anything when they KNOW there are so many errors.

    tell them NO

    pastorejnh

    Answer by pastorejnh at 3:16 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

  • So sorry. The only thing I can say is sending lots of hugs your way.
    Anonymous

    Answer by Anonymous at 3:16 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

  • id get another opinion, docs can be wrong sometimes.
    bamamommy2009

    Answer by bamamommy2009 at 3:16 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

  • I'd get a second opinion. I've heard of it a couple times where people were scheduled for d&c and got a second opinion and found a heartbeat. *hug* good luck.
    sugamama3

    Answer by sugamama3 at 3:17 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

  • I agree, while personally I wouldn't want to get my hopes up I'd call another OB or L&D and ask for another ultrasound just to be sure
    Mom2Jack04

    Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 3:18 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

  • I am so sorry. I have been exactly where you are twice. It is so hard. I would ask for another untrasound just so YOU can be 100% sure. You will sleep better at night if you do. Take care.
    zoomomto3

    Answer by zoomomto3 at 3:19 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

  • Get a second opinion you might be earlier then they think.
    booger14

    Answer by booger14 at 3:21 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

  • I would DEFF get a second opinion an deff refuse the D&C... at 8 weeks its hard to get a HB anyways...
    lovinlifew3

    Answer by lovinlifew3 at 3:21 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN