Where would you like to live?

My DH is thinking about retiring from the Army in 2 years. He will have 22 years in and wants to do something different. Where would you go if you knew you had a job? Anywhere in the USA?

SweetPea726

Asked by SweetPea726 at 3:19 PM on Jun. 23, 2011 in Travel

• DH & I would like to move closer to family. It is a tough decision. My family is in the State of Washington. His family is in the Chicago area. DH is in Civil Service. Wherever there is a position open and DH gets a job offer is where we will be moving. Your moving wherever, should be based on several things, at the very least. For example: if you live in the Southeast, it is hot and very humid during the summer. Would you prefer the four seasons? How big of a town/city do you want to live in? Will the two of you be looking for jobs when your DH retires? You will be looking for job availability.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 3:51 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• NYC
    austinpierce

Answer by austinpierce at 3:24 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Seattle or NYC
    myree85

Answer by myree85 at 4:25 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• I really love Southern Nevada. I would stay here, although I wish we could get a slightly bigger house.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 3:21 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• I am from Washington State. I lived all over that state. My dh grew up in Wisconsin. We would like to be close to both side, but that doesn't seem feasible. We don't mind the snow and the humidity isn't that bad for us either. Yes, we will go where there is a job. But, given a list of places that are hiring. They also said where would you like to go and they would look in those area as well........so see my problem.
    SweetPea726

Comment by SweetPea726 (original poster) at 4:41 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• I'm pretty much right where I want to be (NYC), but I do wish we could live in a better neighborhood. Eventually, we'd like to move to Denver where my brother and SIL live with their two kids.
    katiemomNY

Answer by katiemomNY at 6:16 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Wyoming
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 7:59 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Clermont Florida it's absolutely beautiful...
    mari2120

Answer by mari2120 at 8:22 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• I live on the central CA coast and love it. I also love the Pacific Northwest-
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 10:09 PM on Jun. 23, 2011