Is it really this hard to date someone who has no children?

I feel like the guy I am seeing just comes around when he has nothing else to do or when I dont have my son. He never asks me out or to get a sitter so we can go out....Am I being over sensitive? We just got back together because of this issue and he says he wants to be a part of our life but I dont see it.

austinpierce

Asked by austinpierce at 3:20 PM on Jun. 23, 2011 in Relationships

• i wouldnt date a guy who wasnt involved its a waste of time
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 3:30 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Some ppl just don't like kids.
    Anonymous

• I don't let any man meet my kids unless I know it will be serious. And that will be a long time and if a guy pushes to see my kids right off the bat, I don't trust that either. There are some real sick ones out there. If all it is is a booty call, then just enjoy that while looking for the right guy.
    Sithpadawans

Answer by Sithpadawans at 3:33 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• It is hard for a guy without kids to suddenly have a kid. Give him time do not push the issue. He will come around and when he is comfortable he will include your son. Or you will push him away. My DH took him a year or so before he felt comfortable with my son. I let him decide when he was ready to include our son when we spend time together. Now my DH loves my son as his own.
    booger14

Answer by booger14 at 3:25 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Wow I'm kind of surprised at these replies here. My DS was 1 1/2 when I started dating again, and my then boyfriend (now DH) met him after about a month. I knew I was serious about our relationship so I saw nothing wrong with them meeting; we met at a park. He ended up being great with my son! For me it was like this, my son is a part of me, well HE IS ME, you either want both of us or neither of us period. One of the first things I told him from day one is that my son come before you no matter what, and not to expect me to "find somewhere for him to go" so we can hang out. GL to you .
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 3:39 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Why would you want to involve your son in a relationship that you are having with some guy?? I never understood how a parent subjects their children to whoever the flavor of the moment instead of waiting until the relationship is serious. The children get attached and end up getting hurt more than they have to.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 3:24 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Whoa, I am not a flavor of the month girl, it took me over 4 months to intro the two and he pushed it....maybe ask the question before screaming that out.
    austinpierce

Comment by austinpierce (original poster) at 3:25 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• I disagree because the man I just married loves my 14 yr old to death.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 3:27 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Emmy does he have a brother...LOL :)
    austinpierce

Comment by austinpierce (original poster) at 3:29 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Okay, NEVER have I tried or would he take the place as dad. But as a mother the man you are in a relationship should equally love you and your child. He said he wanted to and I think I am seeing otherwise. Dont throw judgement out before you ask questions, hurtful.
    austinpierce

Comment by austinpierce (original poster) at 3:33 PM on Jun. 23, 2011