If you found out the sweet elderly man on your block was a fugitive, would you call the police?

I'm watching this mystery show about the Alcatraz Jail Break and they did an age progression to give viewers an idea of what they would look like today. All three men were sentenced to life in prison, but today would be in their late 80s to mid 90s...

What would you do if you found out that sweet old man you know was actually on the lamb? Would you report him? Or would you simply let him live out what time he has left in freedom?

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 3:23 PM on Jun. 23, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I'd report him!! Everybody should pay for their crimes!
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 3:24 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Depends on the crime.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:26 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• I would report him. They should just be glad they had all these years of freedom that they have had. They were conviced and sentenced and should have been behind bars paying for their crimes long ago.
    zoomomto3

Answer by zoomomto3 at 3:27 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• is there a cash reward for the lead that results in his arrest?
    Shani527

Answer by Shani527 at 3:27 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• IDK.
    booger14

Answer by booger14 at 3:28 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Yes I probably would....
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 3:29 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• hmm... good question. I think it would depend .. i really dont know what I would do.. what about you??
    MommaB30

Answer by MommaB30 at 3:33 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• no, he'll die soon
    sophistcatdfury

Answer by sophistcatdfury at 3:37 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• If they were sentenced to life and authorities were reaching out on a show, then the crime must have been pretty bad, so I'd report him.
    hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 3:38 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• The authorities quit looking 20 years ago. This was one of those "Unsolved Mystery" shows... What happened to them? Where'd they go?? But it's one I've seen over and over again... But it made me think about that movie, Apt Pupil, where the kid finds out the old guy in town is really an SS agent who escaped to the US in the 50s... I don't know what I would do...

Chances are I wouldn't turn them in... Just for the reason that they are low on life as it is, and prison is simply no place for the elderly... Although if I didn't like them, that may change things!

Comment by SabrinaMBowen (original poster) at 3:56 PM on Jun. 23, 2011