Why am I so blue about having to move out of the big city to a rural town?

Have to move closer to parents and its to a very family oriented rural town, and I have never lived out of the big city. Being a single mom should be easier, what the heck is my problem?

austinpierce

Asked by austinpierce at 3:23 PM on Jun. 23, 2011 in Money & Work

• Sometimes change is hard.
    EgoTryptophan

Answer by EgoTryptophan at 3:24 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Change can be tough. We are creatures of habit, after all. Are you concerned that you might not be accepted as a single mom?

Answer by gdiamante at 3:25 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• I would have a hard time with that too. I've spent too many years now to ever be able to go back to the town I grew up in. It helps having family around but at the same time it's nice having some anonymity if that's what you're needing at the moment.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 3:26 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• I had a hard time moving out of the city also when I did that..
    It's hard because you're leaving your comfort zone. Tip of advice.. Choose your friends wisely.. because in small towns, there are no secrets and everyone is talking about you.
    danichaos

Answer by danichaos at 3:28 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• I know it is a very family oriented town, and he will have more access to child care and he needs special medical care when he starts school. I just feel blue and thats selfish.
    austinpierce

Comment by austinpierce (original poster) at 3:30 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Don't be so hard on yourself! Change is tough! GL
    momthruivf

Answer by momthruivf at 4:05 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Its okay to feel blue. You are closing the chapter on your time in the city and even though you are moving on to better things....it's still something new. I get blue sometimes over major changes. Don't be too hard on yourself. I felt blue when I moved a year ago( even though it meant a income increase and I was pregnant). Change can be hard. I hope this helps:)

Check out my Blog: www.FamilyCEOMom.blogspot.com
    Kaye924

Answer by Kaye924 at 4:15 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• i think thats pretty normal. I sometimes think i would love to be in a more rural area. Then i go visit my sister who has to drive 30 min just to grocery shop and decide that nothing is perfect lol.
    Trinity001

Answer by Trinity001 at 4:38 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• I can't imagine not living in a city. Good luck!

Answer by rkoloms at 4:42 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• i may not have to for another 6 months, i am truely hoping another opportunity comes along soon....gonna sell advocare on the side for now....i love the big city, such a city girl....and i think its great for kids to be raised around a variety of people.....thanks everyone you made my day!
    austinpierce

Comment by austinpierce (original poster) at 7:39 PM on Jun. 23, 2011