How do you tell your kids you are getting a devoirce?

MIXED

Asked by MIXED at 6:09 PM on Dec. 13, 2008 in Relationships

• My parents told us that the husband and wife was changing, not the mother and father part. That they were having problems, but that they still loved us and noting would change that. We didnt get any details as to why they were etting a divorce, and i belive that the best way to go is to tell them that their are grown up problems. and that they do not need to know who is at fault, or what daddy did to make Mommy mad. They need to know that its ok to still love Daddy.
    Mommy2girls0207

Answer by Mommy2girls0207 at 7:00 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• Make sure you are getting one before you tell them anything. Just tell them that just because Mom and Dad are living apart that they are loved so much by the both of you and that will never change. Make sure you keep them (as much as you can) in their routine.
    rook289

Answer by rook289 at 6:14 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• Well there is not easy way, or better way to tell your kids that you are getting divorced...I think it depends on how old your kids are too...if they are old enought to understand...just be honest with them as to why. They need closure just like you would if something devestating happend to you.
    MaMa2_DJ_IJ

Answer by MaMa2_DJ_IJ at 6:14 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• I dont think they should know the reasons why ,because they might be angry with thier father. I dont wont them to be mad at him.
    MIXED

Answer by MIXED at 6:18 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• I didnt take that into consideration...Its hard to answer questions when you dont know all the facts...
    MaMa2_DJ_IJ

Answer by MaMa2_DJ_IJ at 6:24 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• I sat mine down and explained that mom and dad wouldnt be living with each other anymore, and that even though we loved them very much we just couldnt live together. I assured them they could visit their dad whenever they wanted to, and that theyd still see him, he just wouldnt live with us in our home.

Answer by gemgem at 6:43 PM on Dec. 13, 2008