Do you take cake or cupcakes to school each year to celebrate your kids birthdays with his/her classmates?

I did for my oldest in Kinder, I couldn't afford to do it in 1st or 2nd grade. Now my middle DS will be going into kinder and I plan to do it when his birthday comes up. But I think I will only do kinder too for my last DS, and not do it for the other years.

booger14

Asked by booger14 at 3:33 PM on Jun. 23, 2011 in General Parenting

• I do it when I can
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 3:34 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Every year.. If the teacher is okay with it.. But then, I only have one child in school
    danichaos

Answer by danichaos at 3:37 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• I used to but our school board has changed the rules... No more junk food, you can only bring in fruits, veggies,teddy grahams,goldfish crackers. What a bummer, I always did cupcakes for my kids! ;(

anichols1

Answer by anichols1 at 3:45 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• We do that and more. My mil has a bakery business so were always the ones who bring in random sweets lol

Answer by gemgem at 3:47 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• I do it every year. A box of cupcake mix is only $2. The icing around $5. The paper liners $2. It's not a lot of money.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:48 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• I do this. We don't always have big b day parties at home so it serves as their b day celebration.
    momthruivf

Answer by momthruivf at 3:52 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Our school won't allow any homemade goodies. It all has to be store bought...
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 3:58 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• I will do it every year they are in elementary school (as long as they want me to). I've taught 1st, 2nd, and 3rd grade, and I have never had a school year where birthday kids didn't bring a treat to share. It's just fun for them! When you are young your birthday is a big deal.

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 6:42 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• No their birthdays happen when school is out.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 9:15 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Nope. My oldest has never done that because she has a summer birthday (her birthday is next week). My son took something in 1st and 2nd grade (one year was homemade cookies, the other was store bought mini donuts. In kindergarten they had a field trip that day and this year (3rd grade) the parents have to physically bring them at lunch time and I don't have a car to get to the school. My middle daughter brought some in 1st grade, I think (donuts) but not the other years (she just finished 2nd).
    They won't be bringing anything at this school. For one thing they require store bought stuff and I prefer to bake my own treats. And the other reason is the kids can't bring them with them in the morning. They want the parents to drop them off at lunch time and I live too far from the school and don't have a car to get there.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 9:17 PM on Jun. 23, 2011