sex after giving birth with stitches and such..advice?

i delivered 11/16/08 and i feel okay but my 6 weeks check up isnt until 12/29/08 how long after did everyone wait? be honest

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:13 PM on Dec. 13, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Ugh I had stitches and waited the 6 weeks with my second child. With my first, I think we tried around 6 weeks but I was too freaked out LOL, and didn't start having sex regularly till 6 months postpartum. The only thing I can really suggest is to wait till the dr gives you a clean bill of health, and then go slow and if it hurts communicate this to your partner.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 6:19 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• i waited 3 weeks / when the bleeding stopped... it was very uncomfortable and i made DH either wear a condom or pull out so i wouldnt get an infection
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 6:15 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• I had an episiotomy and waited 6 weeks exactly but my appointment was still a few days after that. It did hurt like hell so we didn't get very far. It was maybe 8 weeks after giving birth that it was bearable enough to have full on sex. It still hurt it just takes some getting used to.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 6:18 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• i waited 2 weeks it was uncomfortable mainly because i was still spotting
    Anonymous

• i ripped with my daughter, and got stitches for it. we didnt start have sex until i was about 7 weeks. we didnt get very far cause it was uncomfortable for me the first time, but a couple of days later we tried again and finished it. i would have to say i was about 3 months postpartum when we started having sex normally. no pain, just great sex. lol
    im trying to do kegal exercises regularly so its not so bad this time around. and i hope i dont rip or they have to cut me...
    kiliki_malie

Answer by kiliki_malie at 6:37 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• I waited 8 weeks because I was bleeding until then. If you have stitches, then you need to wait until they are dissolved.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 7:12 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• My doctor actually asked me if sex was comfortable yet for all 3 of my post pard visits. He's an ob/gyn with about 6 kids, so he pretty much knows that you aren't going to wait the whole 6 weeks!!
    MarshaB702

Answer by MarshaB702 at 7:18 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• weel i had a csection 11 18 08 and had sex 5 days later and they put extra stiches in me to hold everything down
    mom-to-be21

Answer by mom-to-be21 at 7:41 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• we were going to try at 3 weeks... he was took big and it hurt to bad to even go through with it, so we waiting until another 2 weeks... so 5 weeks after my daughter we had sex... it was like being a virgin all over again. lol.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 8:31 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• I only waited 4 weeks but I should have waited longer! I ripped my stitches and was sore for a few days (with a bit of bleeding too) I only had minimal tearing during labor and only needed 2 stitches...
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 1:00 AM on Dec. 14, 2008