What can I do about oily hair?! I'm so frustrated.

I leave the shampoo in for a few minutes and rub it into my scalp real good. I only put conditioner in the ends of my hair. My hair is long so conditioner is a must. The ends of my hair are like hay, lol. I used to use sun-in, but it was ruining my hair so it's half light blonde, half dark blonde. I tried baby powder but it just makes my hair look grey.

mandielynn23

Asked by mandielynn23 at 3:48 PM on Jun. 23, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 3:51 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Rinse every day, wash every other, condition the ends. I have the same problem only I get dandruff to boot. Good luck!
    Quinn525

Answer by Quinn525 at 3:55 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Btw- I plan on cutting it when it gets longer, I don't look good with short hair at all plus I can't afford a hair cut atm
    mandielynn23

Comment by mandielynn23 (original poster) at 3:49 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• @Quinn~I've tried that :( I even rinse w cold ass water after washing it. Blaaaah Thank u tho.
    mandielynn23

Comment by mandielynn23 (original poster) at 3:57 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• @Simplicity~Thanks for the link. Never heard of putting dishwashing liquid in hair lol, but I'm willing to try anything at this point.
    mandielynn23

Comment by mandielynn23 (original poster) at 4:02 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• if i rinse my hair on a day i don't wash, my scalp gets really greasy looking.
    i don't think i'd use dish soap. that'll send your sebaceous gland into overdrive.
    have you tried using baking soda on your scalp every so often?
    MsSelfDestruct

Answer by MsSelfDestruct at 4:09 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Sometimes it's build up that makes your hair seem oily. I have the same problem. Mix a teaspoon of baking soda into a little bit of shampoo, maybe 1-2 oz, wash your hair with it and leave it in for 5 min. Rinse and condition as usual. It should help. GL!
    myree85

Answer by myree85 at 4:20 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Neutrogena shampoo... don't use too often. I usually wash my hair with it about once or twice a month. My hair gets really greasy in the summer from the sweat and swimming and such. It strips your hair to get all that and the product build-up out! It's always worked wonders for the women in my family!
    Tink05215

Answer by Tink05215 at 8:42 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• I agree with Quinn, but it doesn't work for me because i have thick hair. And I forgot to mention that NS is pretty inexpensive.
    Tink05215

Answer by Tink05215 at 8:44 PM on Jun. 23, 2011