If your hubby wanted a sex change and cross dressed everyday, but you have two toddlers, would you have an affair or leave, or would you put up with it? adult content

My hubby and I have been together for 12 years, married for 6. He's been cross dressing for over two years now. I almost had an affair a couple months ago. I miss being with a man. I've tried explaining that I don't like it and that though it is okay to do, not all the time and not when we get close. But it doesn't phase him. We love each other, and I do want to be with him. But not with "her."

I should add that he doesn't cross dress infront of the kids.

Also, thank you for the replies and different opinions on this.  It means a lot and does help!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:02 PM on Jun. 23, 2011 in Relationships

• Leave, I'm not into women. I love being with men.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:03 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• well if you arent happy then i would just leave and be a with man. that is a heard situation especially with kids but it have to go with your gut and go with how you feel. if you really love him/her and are comitted to him then you will eventally have to do the same to her. and if you are going ot have that then you just need to leave so that you dont have to have a affair you can just find another man to be with
    alw06tchs

Answer by alw06tchs at 4:05 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• You have to be happy for your kids. If you are not happy they WILL know. Do what you need to for them.
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 4:05 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• I would leave with my children. What kind of message is that sending to the toddlers?? They will be confused. Don't get me wrong, I am very open minded and liberal but when it comes to subjecting children to that kind of behavior as young as they are is just wrong...IMO.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 4:05 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• If I was in that situation I'd get a divorce asap. In my opinion, it's absolutely not good for your kids. Sorry you're goin thru that mess. It sucks to have to part w some1 you love.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 4:06 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Well I wouldn't have an affair. I'd leave before I had an affair. If I still loved him and he still loved me and he still wanted to be faithful to me, well then and only then would I consider staying in the relationship. Marriage is for better or for worse, right? But if he wanted to be with other men or women or something, well, that I couldn't handle and would get a divorce.

But also, he has to understand your needs, too. You're not attracted to "her" which is understandable...you married HIM! I suggest counseling. Don't have an affair. Just let him know how you feel and what you're thinking. An affair will only complicate things more.
    Ludvik_Smith

Answer by Ludvik_Smith at 4:06 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Everyone deserves to be happy. Let him go if this is a deal breaker for you, but don't complicate the whole situation with an affair. Get your marriage situation figured out first.
    whitepeppers

Answer by whitepeppers at 4:07 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• This must be a terribly difficult situation for all of you. You need to decide what's the most important to you and what you can handle. Like whitepeppers said, "everyone deserves to be happy." If this is what makes him truly happy, you can't force him into something else. I truly feel for you in this situation, however, an affair is NEVER a solution. It will just add more problems.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 4:14 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• I'd be happy loving him as him... I don't see any issue with a cross dresser and if he became a woman I would move to a state where we could still be married.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:45 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• – collapse
    I wouldn't allow my kids to be around that. Even if he doesn't dress up in front of them, kids catch onto things and know something isn't right. If your husband is into this sort of thing then great but I wouldn't stay. I want a man in mans clothes, not one in my panties. Just my feelings. Don't be offended.
    zoomomto3

Answer by zoomomto3 at 4:52 PM on Jun. 23, 2011 (hidden) + expand