What would you think of this Mother?? good? bad?

Works full time - very loving, dedicated, her and DH get along well no fighting, has an only child, but each night AFTER he goes to bed, she has 2-3 glasses of wine ... sleeps with the baby monitor under her pillow just in case he wakes for any reason or needs her, she can tend to him. He btw is almost 4..
Good Bad Ugly? your thoughts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:18 PM on Jun. 23, 2011 in General Parenting

• According to the AA self test, if you have more that 7 drinks in one week it could be a sign of alcohol abuse, and should be looked into. This is at minimum 21 glasses of wine a week. It may not be a problem now, but may be a problem in the future. Also What if something did happen after that third drink? 1 drink per hour is usually the limit for driving in most states.
    Quinn525

Answer by Quinn525 at 4:34 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• I don't see the issue with her having 2-3 glasses of wine. 2-3 bottles would be a problem with alcohol.

I find it stranger that a 3 year old still requires a baby monitor.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 4:20 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• 2~3 glasses is too much. If you said she has a glass of wine that would be different.
    momthruivf

Answer by momthruivf at 4:20 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• I see nothing wrong with it. Its not like she's getting drunk. She has a couple glasses of wine to wind down.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:19 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Lol I see nothing wrong with it unless she absolutely has to have the wine...like...is addicted.
    Ludvik_Smith

Answer by Ludvik_Smith at 4:21 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• personally I think anyone who has a drink every night has an addiction problem
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 4:22 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• There is nothing wrong with her having a few glasses of wine after her child is in bed! Hell I have a glass of wine at dinner in front of my child, not that I need it but I like to have one or two just to relax! It's not like she's having a PARTY and passing out leaving her child in a seriously dangerous situation!
    dan4heather

Answer by dan4heather at 4:24 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• the monitor is "just in case" because of the wine..
    not ALL nights, just most nights I guess I should say- more nights she will than she doesn't 5 out of 7 I guess..
    does not need it but likes to "unwind" like pp said.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:25 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• I have nothing against having some wine now and then. But she's doing this every night? And after her DH is in bed? It seems like she's trying to hide the fact that she is drinking. That's the part about all this that I find slightly bothersome.
    Mary229

Answer by Mary229 at 4:29 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• She seems like a good mom, but, that is kind of alot of etoh. Anything more than 1 drink per day in women can have a very negative impact on health, and, I don't know about you guys, but 2-3 drinks and I am pretty drunk ... even hungover the next day.
    I would worry that she is a bit dependant, and that is just not good for her or her family.

She seems like a good person, though . . .
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 4:29 PM on Jun. 23, 2011