Is it normal?

My4yr old son wants nothing to eat but pnut butter sandwhiches lol.

msmamakatie

Asked by msmamakatie at 4:23 PM on Jun. 23, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• totally and my ped actually told me that a half a peanut butter sandwich gives a preschooler all the nutrition he needs until he decides to try other things again. Some kids will only eat white foods, other opt for mac and cheese ALL the time... it's totally normal
    hollydaze1974

Answer by hollydaze1974 at 12:46 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I think it's normal for a child that age to be picky, but I think it'd be wise not to give in ALL the time. Try to provide a well-rounded diet.
    Ludvik_Smith

Answer by Ludvik_Smith at 4:24 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• normal. But try introducing things still. Put the food in front of him every time. Maybe add bananas to the sandwich
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:24 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• We went through this last year. She would eat other things, but peanut butter and jelly was what she wanted. Now she only asks for them once or twice a week. She has taken a liking to sliced roast beef. The peanut butter and jelly was a whole lot cheaper.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 4:25 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• We still eat what I cook for dinner together....but I have to tell him NO because he wants 3 or 4 sandwhiches a day...So ive been putting pnut butter on apples and he seems to like it too.....I just am so worried abut him get constipated lol. I know i sound crazy...but i dont want to take away somthin he likes...he is on a glycerian powder mix (like miralax just not over the country) because his Bowels are too big when they try and pass and hurt him. So Believe me WE HAVE CUT DOWN ON ALOT OF FOODS!! lol
    msmamakatie

Comment by msmamakatie (original poster) at 4:30 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• its normal. they go thru therephases as well but still try and introduce different foods to him as well
    mymommasgirl

Answer by mymommasgirl at 7:24 PM on Jun. 23, 2011