Braxton hicks, contractions and stretching.

So this is my second pregnancy and I am currently 34 weeks. However the first time around I was induced and had a c-section so i never really went into labor. I want to know the difference between the feelings of braxton hicks contractions and real ones, because I'm 90 percent sure thats what I'm feeling, along with a mix of the baby stretching out. I've been getting them since last night, although there are still very random but they really hurt- Which is where my confusion comes in.

prettypaper

Asked by prettypaper at 4:40 PM on Jun. 23, 2011 in Pregnancy

• one way,can you ease your "discomfort" by laying on your left side? do they ease up with drinking water, or taking a warm shower? also and this one was tricky and still is for me, place your hand on the top of your tummy, locate where your uterus is{the hard ball in your tummy is how they explained it to me} when you feel the discomfort can you feel that ball get really hard, or tighten? if so thats a contraction, but then try to relieve it by one of the steps mention earlier. if anything eases them than chances are they are BH.
    bamamommy2009

Answer by bamamommy2009 at 7:57 PM on Jun. 23, 2011